Outdoors
Sponsored by

Neighbor's Feeder

8,192 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Booyah
tamc93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1) Make sure your fence is on the right side of the "property line"...some people like to offset theirs and it causes issues.

2) set up a Vote Trump or other sign in line with the feeder/blind...larger the better.

nonameag99
It is illegal to shoot across the fence

Otherwise do like the border patrol and use clear material
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
yakin ag
AG
Shoefly! said:

Make that spot next to feeder your new " gut and carcass dump", it works. He'll more than likely move the feeder and blind.
This works, very well.
JYDog90
AG
I'm a little dense. I'm trying to picture this. If he's shooting across a high fence into your property, how would he retrieve the deer?
1872walker
Willy Wonka said:

I'm a little dense. I'm trying to picture this. If he's shooting across a high fence into your property, how would he retrieve the deer?

Projectiles are likely to pass through the fence and onto his property, not any wildlife.
JYDog90
AG
Ah, got it. I missed the perpendicular part. Thanks.
FBG_Ag78
AG
Years ago our neighbor leased to some sorry outlaw "hunters". They set up a blind 3 feet from the fence. It was obvious that their shooting was not limited to their lease. The following spring I constructed a shooting range parallel to the same fence about ten yards away despite the vehement protests from my attorney. Forgot to mention that the 400 yd target was coincidentally about ten yards from their stand.

Although the range was never hot on opening morning, as I'd intended, it was used enough to get the message across and the stand was moved farther from the fence line subsequently without a word mentioned.

*That was in my younger days and I wouldn't do that now, nor recommend it to anyone else in our litigious society, but it was effective.
CS78
RealTalk said:

I'm surprised the game warden didn't want to get ahead of this and go talk to the guy about the dangers of having his feeder so close to the fence line.

Why risk escalations from both sides before doing something about it?

If the GW dealt with every case of fence line drama, thats all theyd do.

Lonestar law is not realistic.
Booyah
AG
Someone recommended that I use a few coyote decoys. Anyone have luck with that?

Also, a 200+lb boar has coincidentally died just a few yards from the fence line. Even weirder, he was packing about 3 cases of mothballs...

I like the certified letter route as well. I'd put a huge "Vote Biden" on the fence line but would be afraid all of the animals would be coming in looking for free stuff.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.