Outdoors
Sponsored by

Sig P365 XL vs. CZ P-10 C - anyone have experience with both?

14,107 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jpb1999
dr_boogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a striker-fired compact CCW in 9mm and am narrowing down the list to the Sig 365 XL vs. the CZ P-10 C. Requirements: 4 inch barrel, 15 round capacity, grip large enough for all 4 fingers. Will primarily carry it IWB.

I have a better handle on the Sig but I know there are some CZ guys on the OB (looking at you Bender and EyeGuy). I already own a CZ P-01. Haven't been able to put my hands on a P-10 C and would like the chance to handle and shoot one before I make a final decision. Would appreciate any experience. Also, if anyone owns a P-10 C and you're in the B/CS area, would be grateful to hear what you think about it, or if you'd be willing to meet up for a range trip. Many thanks.
BCStalk
Don't have a CZ but I can tell you that I've moved to primarily carrying a XL. Great gun for IWB.
drummer0415
AG
If width is a concern, the 365 is much thinner.
jpb1999
AG
BCStalk said:

Don't have a CZ but I can tell you that I've moved to primarily carrying a XL. Great gun for IWB.
What is the difference in a normal 365 vs the XL? I guess I could look it up, but figured I could also just ask here...
jabberwalkie09
AG
jpb1999 said:

BCStalk said:

What is the difference in a normal 365 vs the XL? I guess I could look it up, but figured I could also just ask here...

Iirc the XL has a longer barrel, can mount an optic, and comes with a bigger mag.

The P-10c is more along the lines of Glock 19 in size. The P-10S would be more along the lines of Glock 26 in size. I don't believe we have gotten the single stack version of the P-10 here in the states.
EMY92
AG
Daddy-O5
AG
jpb1999 said:

BCStalk said:

My fat hand fits pretty comfortably on an XL. Pinky hangs off on the 365 and even with an extended mag it's not as comfortable for me.

Edit, also I like the flat trigger on the XL. Personal preference. Someone else could probably tell you more about the actual technical differences between the two triggers.
BCStalk
You can also switch frames from the XL to the 365 if the longer barrel was not wanted.
digging tunnels
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

jpb1999 said:

BCStalk said:

My fat hand fits pretty comfortably on an XL. Pinky hangs off on the 365 and even with an extended mag it's not as comfortable for me.

Edit, also I like the flat trigger on the XL. Personal preference. Someone else could probably tell you more about the actual technical differences between the two triggers.

per youtube videos, the XL trigger is easier to pull the trigger, like a one pound of force difference (5 vs 4)

anybody know where I can rent the XL in Houston area? This is the gun I want to get but don't know where to go try. Went to Athena but they only had the standard to try (which fit my small hands like a glove)

J/D, can i shoot yours?
TheEyeGuy
AG
The P10C is not a carry gun, it's a gun you can carry. The 365XL is a gun that was designed to carry.

So, for range use, the P10C will be a more enjoyable gun to shoot but for carry, the 365XL wins hands down for most people.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Daddy-O5
AG
Come out to my neck of the woods and it's a date.
digging tunnels
AG
deal!
BenderRodriguez
AG
If I had a P-10 I'd find time to get down there and let you shoot it.

Unfortunately all my CZs are hammer fired.

For a pure size comparison (doesn't tell you everything, but it can help with comparisons), there's a neat website called handgunhero.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-xl-vs-cz-p-10-c

The P-01 and P-10 are pretty darn similar in size, so if you're looking for something slightly smaller the Sig might be the way to go.

I liked the trigger on the P-10 I shot, just haven't invested in CZs striker fire stuff yet.

Good luck!
P.U.T.U
AG
The P10C is closer to the Glock 19 in size so it is not comparing apples to apples. The Glock 43X or 48 is a better comparison to the P365XL.
TheVarian
AG
Another successful TexAgs hook-up!
Daddy-O5
AG
TheVarian said:

We hooked up a long time ago. Via TexAgs. kind of. It's complicated.
jabberwalkie09
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

TheVarian said:

Did it involve a truck tool box?
BusterAg
AG
nm, figured it out.

The 365 has a hybrid mag which is more like a double stack than a single stack, but still makes the gun very narrow. Pretty cool.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
PharmD4
AG
In town. PM me specific questions if you want.

Not sure I'll be making any range trips with the current ammo situation.
TheEyeGuy
AG
BusterAg said:

nm, figured it out.

The 365 has a hybrid mag which is more like a double stack than a single stack, but still makes the gun very narrow. Pretty cool.
Yeah, it's called a stagger stack. That, the Hellcat and 43x all have that system, though the 43x is not exactly efficient about it.
digging tunnels
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

J.D. c/o 05 said:

TheVarian said:

Did it involve a truck tool box?

Nope! It involved his wife!
maverick2076
Fortunately, Shield Arms is better at it than Glock is.
dr_boogs
AG
Thanks for the feedback fellas. Appreciate the input. Pharm4D, that is a sweet looking set-up. Maybe we can get a lane at Champion one morning before they get busy. Not a fan of indoor shooting ranges, and since Gunsmoke closed I haven't decided whether to sign up for a CCC membership. Willing to provide a box of ammo. If you shoot somewhere else in town, I'm all ears.
96AustinAg
AG
Glock 48 with metal shield arms 15 round mags. Great combo that a lot of trainers I know have adopted for EDC.
82 TAMU Ag
AG
I have a P10 C that I rarely shoot because the factory trigger just doesn't feel good. I just purchased a P10 S a few days ago and the trigger on it is much better but I have only been able to dry fire. My wife's carry gun is a P365 and it is a joy to shoot. The P10 S doesn't match your criteria, but you might try one if your local range or another Ag has one.
jabberwalkie09
AG
82 TAMU Ag said:

I have a P10 C that I rarely shoot because the factory trigger just doesn't feel good. I just purchased a P10 S a few days ago and the trigger on it is much better but I have only been able to dry fire. My wife's carry gun is a P365 and it is a joy to shoot. The P10 S doesn't match your criteria, but you might try one if your local range or another Ag has one.

The HBI trigger kit makes a world of difference. Well, that and about 500 rounds through the gun helps too.
gibberish
AG
Had a weird experience with a P365XL. I went into my local shop recently and was prepared to give a P365XL a new home, but a very weird curious thing occurred.

Was doing a few dry fires to feel the trigger, and it felt fine. When i tried to feel the reset it did not work correctly. I racked slide, depressed trigger and held to the rear, the striker fell appropriately. But when I tried to rack the slide while holding trigger back, it would not unlock and slide would not move. If I let go of the trigger then it would move. Tried multiple times, and even the clerk tried it and no luck.

Does it mean that the gun would fail? Not necessarily, but it is not normal function.
Does it mean it's a bad gun or design? Not necessarily, this is a sample size of one.

Given the incredibly high demand on going right now, I am sure QC is taking a hit in some shops in the desire to move products just like in previous spikes. Add to that the struggles this particular pistol has had, and the struggles with other Sig products. I decided against it.

YMMV

tcc66
AG
Any ideas where a P365XL + Romeo is in stock?

Thanks!

-CC
TheEyeGuy
AG
tcc66 said:

Thanks!

-CC
Just sold my last one, but I do have a Hellcat with a romeo in right now.
jpb1999
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

tcc66 said:

Thanks!

-CC
Just sold my last one, but I do have a Hellcat with a romeo in right now.
Do you still have it? Price?

I have tried to do some searches online comparing the hellcat with the p365 but wanted to get the OBs opinion between the 2. I found a hellcat to pick up and hold at Academy. felt really good. I have read that the hellcat has a little wider (front to back) grip which feels comfortable in the hand.

If you had to pick one, what would it be. I currently have a Glock 43, but really wanting more mag capacity. Also like the idea of a red dot, but what is the best option for red dots on the hellcat? I have a holosun 407c that I really like, but got it for my AR with night vision. Is the 407c small enough for a CC pistol?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.