Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC Softside 30 v1.0 - Zipper Issue

973 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by southernskies
Todd 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have one of the RTIC Softside 30 coolers from the HLSR sale a few years back. The rubber zipper cover has started to fail as shown in the photos below. I've tried lubricating the zipper with the lubricant that was provided. It seems like the rubber "teeth" might be worn out or broken off.

Anybody else have this problem and come up with a solution?

I've read online where RTIC suggested a cobbler might be able to sew in a replacement zipper.
Post removed:
by user
giddings_ag_06
AG
I don't know of a solution, but if you find one let me know because I have one sitting in my carport that I can't use because of that crappy zipper.
txyaloo
AG
Just wait until all of the glue fails and the bottom falls out of it. I was about 2 months out of warranty when mine did that. Had been used maybe 5 times. RTIC told me to pound sand.

Ezra Brooks
AG
txyaloo said:

Just wait until all of the glue fails and the bottom falls out of it. I was about 2 months out of warranty when mine did that. Had been used maybe 5 times. RTIC told me to pound sand.

This happened to me, but luckily I was just under the 1 year warranty period - they replaced mine no problem.
ought1ag
AG
those zippers are hot garbage. as soon as it fails in one spot you're done. packed mine a little too full once and its never been the same.

PSA - dont overfill and put any kind of load on the zipper.
southernskies
Same thing happened to my RTIC zipper. Got the shaft from their customer service department. Now I have a ghetto Yeti Tub because the lid is useless.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.