Outdoors
Sponsored by

Suppressor "alternative" - Sound Mitigation Equipment

12,004 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BackPocket
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on these things? It's a muzzle brake with a shroud around it to deflect the blast downrange and away from the shooter (and people standing nearby). The main draw being that it's a non-NFA item.

It seems like a good idea to limit the abuse a brake can cause to people on the range or standing around when shooting.

Thoughts?

https://www.wittmachine.net/sme-sound-mitigation-equipment-copy-25007929.html

The Wonderer
AG
It's just a redirect like the flaming pig. I have them on every AR that is less than 12". It helps people around you on the line from wanting to kill you by directing the concussion forward as opposed to the side/rear like most brakes. It does not suppress sound or flame in any way, shape, or form.
DatTallArchitect
AG
It turns your break into a linear comp. Surefire and others have been doing this for years. I don't have one, but I do have a linear comp on my 6.8. It is still loud, but at least there isn't the direct percussion to the sides of me. People at the range appreciate it
CS78
I've used the small linear comps with the vent holes in the front and they work really well while not being much bigger than a flash hider. These look like a good design. Reduced concussion is the biggest difference. Itll still be loud.
schmellba99
AG
Great for sound, defeats the purpose of a brake though because it doesn't let it direct gases sideways or rearward to mitigate recoil.

BackPocket
Click bait inside click bait.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.