Outdoors
Sponsored by

Offshore drilling locator

1,975 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jayelbee
Gus Fring
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is the most accurate way of locating the coordinates to offshore drilling platforms in the gulf?
normaleagle05
AG
I'm gonna go with on-rig multiple frequency GNSS. But that probably wasn't what you were looking for.
Wocka Wocka
AG
marinetraffic.com then filter ship type to "Tugs & Special Crafts".

If you know the platform/rig you're looking for, you can simply search for it as well.
Gus Fring
Wocka Wocka said:

marinetraffic.com then filter ship type to "Tugs & Special Crafts".

If you know the platform/rig you're looking for, you can simply search for it as well.
Thanks! When I do that it only shows vessels that are actively moving. Is there way to search for stationary rigs?
Wocka Wocka
AG
You should be able to see stationary, manned platforms and rigs.

For instance, if you search for Boomvang or Perdido, they'll pop up:

CS78
Floaters and drillships. Subscription but worth it if you are fishing.

http://www.realtime-navigator.com/info_frameset.htm
malenurse
AG
I know where three of them are.....

Docked in the mud at Port A
Betoisafurry
If you know the name of the rig, google that and click on the vessel finder link.

Example in the link.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9675195
JSKolache
AG
malenurse said:

Stacked up, thanks Obama
mts6175
AG
Wocka Wocka said:

You should be able to see stationary, manned platforms and rigs.

For instance, if you search for Boomvang or Perdido, they'll pop up:

Good old Perdido. I accepted a new role to take over as the Technical Manager for Baker Hughes on that platform the day Deepwater Horizon happened. Abruptly ended that job......
Shooz in Katy
AG
malenurse said:

If I'm not mistaken one of those is my old rig the Noble Danny Adkins. Caught my first tuna on there, a 150 lb yellowfin. Was able to take 22 lbs of the choicest cuts home with me in a cooler on the helicopter. The rest I gave away to the roustabouts who helped me land it. Good times. Caught it on pvc pipe with treble hooks in choppy water at night while the tuna were all stirred up in a frenzy. The tuna slammed it as soon as it hit the water. Took a half hour to reel it in.
DayAg!
S
Saltwater Recon.. has everything you want in the gulf.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
MouthBQ98
AG
Those a pretty small rigs as they go today. I still wonder what has happened to some of the Atwood rigs I worked on before the company was sold.
Post removed:
by user
Wocka Wocka
AG
Osprey and Condor are still kicking around SE Asia and Australia as the MSS1 and DPS1.
ABCDE
If someone would just share all the numbers up to 50 miles out of Port Oconnor that would be great.
mAgnoliAg
AG
In in case someone posts coordinates within 50 miles of Galveston jetty
MouthBQ98
AG
I spent time on Condor, Osprey, and Advantage. Also that jack up they had off west Africa.
Post removed:
by user
MouthBQ98
AG
Well, I received and repacked all the 16 million dollars of warehouse inventory for one of them and a portion of the other in Singapore. Probably 20 million dollars worth of stuff in crates in a warehouse somewhere in Singapore still.

I was always proud of that. We had that entire inventory accounted for down to the last washer and o-ring. Perfect, with zero loss.

If they didn't sell a lot of the plastic and rubber parts, they are probably trash now. Riser seals have a use-by date due to slow degradation of the synthetics.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.