Outdoors
Sponsored by

Anyone finding themselves carrying more?

7,855 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tx-Ag2010
DatTallArchitect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your "under a rock" post was the most GB post I've seen on this thread.
hillcountryag86
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

Yep. A lot of arrogance in his post. We're supposed to know his work situation??
DiskoTroop
Found myself strapping up a spare mag yesterday which is something I don't usually do.
Aggieangler93
AG
You were being an a-hole and he called you on it. Get over it, or go back to the GB....

Why would you expect anyone to know your work situation here or your company's policy on CC in their facility?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Corps_Ag12
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

You were being an a-hole and he called you on it. Get over it, or go back to the GB....

Why would you expect anyone to know your work situation here or your company's policy on CC in their facility?

True that. My old company encouraged CC in the main office.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
rab79 said:

Tx-Ag2010 said:

BCStalk said:

Only time I don't is when I'm on the pot or sleeping.

There is always room for improvement.

Where can I find one of those double barrel pumps? because best of both worlds
Also one of these:

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Okay then, chime in if any company allows carrying weapons anywhere besides parking lot or sidewalk.

Since everything has to be spelled out, it cannot be a gun store or a mom and pop establishment that makes their own rules. I feel that if you have an obvious safe or place a sticker from a gun manufacturer on vehicle, then it makes vehicle more of a Target than a vehicle without said stickers.

As far as questions about workplace rules on carry, if you click on profile, it references line of work.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

Incorrect. The most GB comment would be making a post boobs or rule one comment.
hillcountryag86
AG
We're supposed to click on your profile?

A bit self-important.
dubi
AG
brs4688 said:

Okay then, chime in if any company allows carrying weapons anywhere besides parking lot or sidewalk.

I work at TAMU and we have had campus carry for several years now.

There are a few restrictions like athletic facilities, student counseling, ......
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

A bit self-important.

Thank you for my service.
BCStalk
I design gun holsters for a decent size company, so obviously I carry.
cslifer
Assuming you are still working as an Emt, I know of several cities that allow guys at the fire department to carry.
Aggieangler93
AG
Most privately held companies I know of, do not prohibit carry. Why would you assume they do?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Swarely
Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and "catch the rounds" while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Credit to AC
dodger02
AG
I have no earthly idea if anything you just wrote is serious. It read like a character description from a mid-90s Schwarzenegger film.
DiskoTroop
Swarely is the famous mall ninja?
rootube
AG
It's a relief to know there aren't any hotheads who concealed carry.
3 Toed Pete
AG
I'm guessing Swarely is the attorney for the Los Zetas
docb
AG
I'm guessing there is a better chance to get bit by a rattlesnake in the hill country than to have to pull a gun on someone. I don't carry any more or less than before. And it never has been that much.
dubi
AG
I'll play.

I used to carry hit and miss. Some days I did and some days I didn't. Then something very scary happened to me in a Houston parking lot on March 5, 2016. I did have my gun that day and truly thought I was going to shoot someone in self defense.

I have carried every single day since then.

Please be armed and prepared in these trying times. Don't let your scary event be the day you left your gun at home.
DatTallArchitect
AG
My firm (almost 300 employees) allows us to carry. There are a lot of companies that will allow you to carry. Not everyone fills out their profile on here. I know I'm not important enough to fill out mine. I don't care enough about anyone on here to go clicking on their profile. Sounds like you might need to get your ego in check.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

My firm (almost 300 employees) allows us to carry. There are a lot of companies that will allow you to carry. Not everyone fills out their profile on here. I know I'm not important enough to fill out mine. I don't care enough about anyone on here to go clicking on their profile. Sounds like you might need to get your ego in check.
I think I'm still a 'Student' in mine...
maverick2076
I work on Camp Mabry. We are encouraged to carry.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

Consider if people just answered said question. Why state I am not important enough to fill out profile? That in itself communicates a sense of arrogance.

Then the statement of I don't care enough about anyone to click on their link. What is the purpose of saying that? Make you feel better? Sense of superiority being "dat tall architect"?

There are a lot of companies that allow concealed carry....good to know. Thanks for sharing and for your service.

To quote you on other topics, lighten up Francis.
DatTallArchitect
AG
brs4688 said:

To quote you on other topics, lighten up Francis.
You're the one with their panties in a twist
P.U.T.U
AG
Ever since one of my friends was almost carjacked in Dallas a few years ago and blew the dudes head off I always carry when I am out. Used to not on short walks but now I do
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Whatever you say.
Zaiquiri
Wildman15
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

A bit self-important.
I saved you the trouble of clicking on the profile, looks like it doesn't exist anymore
TacosaurusRex
AstroAggie15 said:

drummer0415 said:

A thread like this is started every time we have a period of civil unrest, a terrorist attack, etc, and they are alway dumb. Why are they dumb? Because you should have already been carrying all the time.

Do you have a company car?

Some of the other managers and I had this discussion today about carrying in our company trucks. My response was if it ever came down to it and something happened, at least I would be alive to be fired.

We all carry and we just don't openly talk about it outside of our small local management group.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
average_joker
AG
SeaHoss said:

My wife has never carried and never wanted too. Last night she said she wanted her own gun. Win for me I suppose too. Gives me a chance to buy something new for myself.

Make sure she picks it out for herself after shooting it and manipulating the controls. Then you can commence to borrowin.
El Chupacabra
I carry everywhere I can, and some places I can't. No CHL.
JSKolache
AG
I carry everywhere i can manage. Need to get a tuckabke holster so i can carry 100%.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Has anyone used the Urban Carry G3?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.