Outdoors
Sponsored by

Craziest place you've found a scorpion

6,707 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sorrell Booke
SharkinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll start.....I'm at our ranch and was going to the bathroom. I reached over for some toilet paper and spun the roll and a freaking scorpion fell out of the inside of the cardboard roll. Needless to say I'm glad I was done before that happened or there would have been a bigger mess to clean up. Even worse, I can't find it.......
PneumAg
F*** THOSE THINGS.
shaynew1
AG
In bed w me
HumbleAg04
AG
In my pants after pulling a ranch resident jacket out of the closet. Luckily it took its wrath out on my calf and not anywhere more sensitive.
lexofer
AG
When we first moved into our house in the hill country I found dozens of scorpions, everywhere. Never got stung, they never bothered me, just slid a piece of paper under then and tossed them in the toilet. I would get the small ones and keep them in a cup. Over time there were less and less in the house.

One night I found a giant red headed centipede in my sheets when I went to bed. I got a piece of cardboard to slide under it and dumped it in the toilet. I can still hear it's legs scratching on the cardboard as I kept tilting it to keep it from falling off. Checked my bed for months after that.

Sample pic, not mine.
MouthBQ98
AG
I've come very close to gettting tagged many times but luck was on my side. You have to be careful sorting dirty laundry at my place. Also you always bang your shoes and dump before putting them on
PharmD4
AG
Had one fall out of the bathroom vent into my lap one morning while sitting atop the porcelain throne.

How messed up is that...

Big Bucks
AG
Something would be messy alright!
johnrth
Wasn't crazy but my buddy had a lease in llano and the house had those sticky traps all over it. I got up for the morning pee and as I'm standing over the toilet there's a live one right by my foot. I just scooched over and kept on, then went and got my boot and killed it.
Aggieangler93
AG
We used to have a lot of them around. Found em in beds, under toilet seats, and one time whole laying on the floor watching TV, 2 got all the way up to my upper thigh inside my jeans before I started stripping. LOL
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
45-70Ag
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

We used to have a lot of them around. Found em in beds, under toilet seats, and one time whole laying on the floor watching TV, 2 got all the way up to my upper thigh inside my jeans before I started stripping. LOL

Eff that
agdoc2001
AG
My 7 year olds' underwear drawer. Those Pikachu underoos never saw it coming.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Found about a thousand little baby scorpions in my duffel bag after a trip to the ranch. Took a few days to be sure I had gotten them all out of the bag (and my room).
Ikanizer
AG
Our pool skimmer basket has a round extension about 2" dia that sticks up just above the water line. I pulled the lid off the basket cover, reached down and picked up the basket about the same time I noticed a scorpion sitting on top of the extension. It hurt.
Gilligan
AG
In my pants...

Hurt so bad!
hillcountryag86
AG
Got out of the shower and grabbed a towel to immediately dry my face. Didn't see him and he got me twice on the lip.
45-70Ag
AG
Yeah I'm going to have to say i regret reading this thread now.
zooguy96
Tennessee. No scorpions here.

When we lived in Texas.... couple in the bathtub. First time my wife had seen scorpions. Hilarity ensued.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
mpl35
AG
Dropped off the ceiling onto my chest while in bed.

In my pants....
AgTech88
AG
In the collar of my hunting coat - yes it nailed me. Hunting with my oldest son trying to get him his 1st deer. The blind had got pretty warm so I had taken my coat off and put it on the bench. Got chilly so I turned to pick up the coat, and about that time my son very casually said "Dad I have the crosshairs on that fat doe, is it ok if I shoot her?" While sliding into the coat I spun around and started whispering my "Dad" instructions (that's what my kids call it..) - remember squeeze don't jerk the... BANG! Startled me and the little bastage that had taken up residence in the collar of my coat. He nailed me right on the side of the neck. I am trying to look to see if he hit it, high 5 him, etc. while doing a little jig and shedding the coat..... Don't know if he remembers the deer but he loves to tell about my scorpion dance and how bad my neck swelled up while we cleaned it .....
AgTech88
Burrus86
AG
Had a cocker spaniel in the 90s who would growl when she found a scorpion in the house. I'd kill it, and then give the dog a treat. She got to where she would hunt them for a dog biscuit. One night she found five!
AggieArcher17
AG
No where crazy but got tagged by my first scorpion today flipping over a rock. I'll take a scorpion over a wasp 7 days a week!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Burrus86 said:

Had a cocker spaniel in the 90s who would growl when she found a scorpion in the house. I'd kill it, and then give the dog a treat. She got to where she would hunt them for a dog biscuit. One night she found five!
your cocker spaniel is waaay different than the one owned by my wife and residing in my house.
agrams
AG
cut an osage tree down one late winter (January?) that was about 20" diameter. I fell the trunk and it had a crack about 8" long 1" wide up the middle. there had to be 20+ scorpions in that damn crack when it fell over...
AgTech88
AG
AggieArcher17 said:

No where crazy but got tagged by my first scorpion today flipping over a rock. I'll take a scorpion over a wasp 7 days a week!

Take one on the neck..... I would take the wasp
AgTech88
SharkinAg
AG
agrams said:

cut an osage tree down one late winter (January?) that was about 20" diameter. I fell the trunk and it had a crack about 8" long 1" wide up the middle. there had to be 20+ scorpions in that damn crack when it fell over...

I've found them in rotting grapevines frequently.
AggieArcher17
AG
That is CRAZY my fiance said the exact same thing. Apparently location of sting is significant
Knucklesammich
My mom had one fall off the ceiling of our house and down her shirt when I was a kid during a dinner party.

Tagged her a couple of times and she ripped the blouse off and out came this scorpion across the kitchen floor.
Hewey Calloway
AG
Had one in a shirt right after I put it on it popped me in the belly button. Took me a second to realize what was happening. All of a sudden I had had a fire burning on my belly. Got me twice before I was able to get my shirt off.

What a great thread to read while I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep.

normaleagle05
AG
The wife and I each got tagged by one about twenty minutes apart one night. We were asleep in bed and I got it first. Cleared that one out and killed it. Just as we dozed off she got it from a second one. A more thorough search of the sheets ensued.
boulderaggie
AG
1. Shoe
2. Fell off the ceiling into my lap <- should be the standard reflexes test.
SharkinAg
AG
Hewey Calloway said:

Had one in a shirt right after I put it on it popped me in the belly button. Took me a second to realize what was happening. All of a sudden I had had a fire burning on my belly. Got me twice before I was able to get my shirt off.

What a great thread to read while I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep.

Haha sorry! After my ordeal I knew this would be a busy topic lol
AnScAggie
AG
Gilligan said:

In my pants...

Hurt so bad!
Same here. Got me above my knee and thigh walking out of my house on the morning of my last final in HS. I think I made like a 25 or something on that test.. My right leg was on fire and my lips and cheeks felt like I had just visited the dentist for a filling.
AnScAggie
AG
Knucklesammich said:

My mom had one fall off the ceiling of our house and down her shirt when I was a kid during a dinner party.

Tagged her a couple of times and she ripped the blouse off and out came this scorpion across the kitchen floor.

How are your mom's cans??
Hewey Calloway
AG
The first time I got tagged by one I was about 10 years old. I was helping my brother load firewood in the truck and one got me on my finger. My brother took the snuff out of his mouth and made me hold it on my finger because he said it would draw the venom out. The whole way back to the house I was whimpering and gagging.

I still don't know if that actually works or not.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.