Outdoors
Sponsored by

barbed wire fence costs

8,823 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ribeye-Rare
HBJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am going to run a 6 strand barbed wired fence around a 40 acre square tract just south of Fort Worth. What is the per foot range? Including materials and removing the old fence, but excluding brush clearing? I've been quoted $5.75. I know this is not the late 90s in the panhandle when I was building fence, but I want to make certain that I am not getting taken to the cleaners.
rangelady
AG
Seems crazy expensive. Call your NRCS office and they can tell you the average cost for such in your county.

In the Panhandle, we are at 11-12 K/mile these days.
Gunny456
AG
I just paid 1.85 ft for 5 strand and 4" corners double H brace..... 3 corners included. and 2 7/8" line post every 100 ft and t- post every 10ft. Also specified heavier Oklahoma wire rather than gaucho. Extra corners cost 250.00. This did include removing the old fence. Tree and brush clearing ran me about .75 ft. Average.
HBJ
AG
Thank you, all.
Mas89
AG
For about the same cost you can use net wire. 49 inches tall with a strand of barbed wire on the bottom and one on top.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
Gunny456 said:

I just paid 1.85 ft for 5 strand and 4" corners double H brace..... 3 corners included. and 2 7/8" line post every 100 ft and t- post every 10ft. Also specified heavier Oklahoma wire rather than gaucho. Extra corners cost 250.00. This did include removing the old fence. Tree and brush clearing ran me about .75 ft. Average.
That's seems like a pretty good deal. May I ask which county you're in?

Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.