Outdoors
Sponsored by

New gun owners

5,714 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BenderRodriguez
BenderRodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Bender I got a 201 question for you. If this is too advanced, just tell me to come to a class sometime and I'll do it. I'm a long time rifle and shotgun shooter, but relatively new to a pistol. I'm right eye dominant and use a stance with my right foot dropped back. What I can't figure out is what to with my eyes.

I wind up closing my left like I'm shooting a rifle but that doesn't feel right and I'm not as accurate as I'd like. Problem is nothing else feels better. You have any tips?

Pistols should be shot both eyes open if you can manage it at all.

That's hard for me because I'm cross dominant. Good news for you is you're not cross wired, so just practice shooting with both eyes open until your brain figures it out. Dry fire can help too.

Stance wise, if I can offer some unsolicited advice: as long as you're stable, stance is very, very low on my priority list for new shooters. Stand comfortably balanced, don't lean back, and just shoot. I wouldn't be trying to drop a foot back or anything else. Just stand and shoot.
CowtownAg06
AG
Thanks I'll keep working on it.
BenderRodriguez
AG
I wish there was a magical fix, but like most things, practice is pretty much the cure for most ails.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.