Outdoors
Sponsored by

How to stop gopher infestation

3,044 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by yakin ag
nactownag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have 13 acres and I have tons of gopher activity as do my neighbors. I have mastered the art of killing them one at a time with the cinch trap and I've killed about 11 now in a week.

I worry there could be hundreds of them.

Any ideas on how to accelerate the extermination?
highvelocity
AG
Caddy shack those MFers
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
TacosaurusRex
Foxes?
nactownag
AG
Anyone have experience with owning a barn owl?
rab79
AG
gopher bait and a bait applicator

gopher bait machine

BCStalk
The only correct answer

BuddysBud
AG
Snakes. Lots of snakes.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Put up a high fence.
txrancher69
AG
I had t he same problem and found a machine that kills them with pressurized carbon monoxide. Not cheap, but very effective. I have about a 90% kill rate meaning 9 times out of 10 a mound, or group of mounds,I have treated does not come back. Easy to use, it takes about 2 minutes per application. Name of the company is H&M Gopher Control, you can find them on the web. I have used it around the house/barns and out in pastures, the model I have pulls behind a Gator. Again, not cheap but if you and your neighbors are serious about getting rid of them this is an effective answer.
So three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.................You can't convince me that's a coincidence.
Log
AG
'Splode 'em.
DE4D
AG
Attack dachshund, a blood thirsty lil'*******.
FrontPorchAg
BCStalk said:

The only correct answer

There is a rancher in Shasta who had enough and now hosts a gopher shoot. He grills burgers and provides a keg and has about 40 rednecks over for good ole shoot out.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
EMY92
AG
87Flyfisher
AG
I had a Catahoula who was a Gopher killing machine. Only drawback was he left the yard and pasture looking like parts of France in 1918.
CenterHillAg
AG
sw@n said:

Attack dachshund, a blood thirsty lil'*******.
Dachshund's and Corgi's are outstanding for gopher control, my parents have a Corgi that is fat from eating all the gophers he kills. Other than that, they are surprisingly easy to kill by creeping up on them and using a 20 gauge. Knock all the mounds flat, check the yard every 10 minutes, and let the fun begin once you see a little dirt getting kicked up. They'll poke their head up every 30 seconds or so, ease up and wait for your opportunity, and blast away.
yakin ag
AG
There's a hand applicator that's a probe. Probe down, find their tunnels, and pull the trigger to apply bait. Make sure the bait you use contains strychnine, it worked much better for me. I had luck using this method, plus traps for mounds that the poison missed.
yakin ag
AG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009YZKHSC/ref=psdcmw_3737941_t3_B00EOMCJE0

Something like this.

https://www.solutionsstores.com/gopher-bait-50-strychnine

With something like this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.