Outdoors
Sponsored by

RTIC 65 weight when full?

11,492 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Naveronski
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for the approximate weight of the RTIC 65 when full of ice/drinks/whatever.

I'm it's 36.5lbs empty, so what does ice and everything add?

Called RTIC's number, they have no idea.
Bird93
AG
It's the exact same weight as the Yeti.

Eleventy eight thousand pounds.
will.mcg
AG
Depends on what you fill it with.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
will.mcg said:

Depends on what you fill it with.

Sometimes the obvious answer is not so obvious.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Assuming the weight of beer and water are roughly equal:

1 fl oz = 0.065 lbs
30 pack of 12 oz beers = 30 * 12 * 0.065 = 23.4 lbs
20 lbs of ice

Total weight = 36.5 + 23.4 + 20 = 79.9 lbs

I've got a Yeti 65 and if it's full I can still manhandle it around by myself and get it in the back of the truck if need be.
ConstructionAg01
AG
The RTIC 65 holds a true 65 quarts of volume according to RTIC. Assuming it is full of ice and drinks that would be appropriately equal to the weight of 65 quarts of water, so about 68 pounds. Plus the weight of the cooler you stated previously and the full cooler would be just over 100 pounds.
BurrOak
AG
Well a beer can is 12oz. Ice bag is 10 lbs.

CS78
More than a small cooler full of beer should weigh.
drummer0415
AG
CowtownAg06
AG
I'm not sure why you're asking, but I have an RTIC 65. With 3-4 bags of ice, plenty of drinks and food, my 115lb wife and I can carry it and lift into the truck bed just fine.

If you want exact weight for flying or something, I'd guess between 80-90 lbs.
Naveronski
AG
I'm building a slide/tray for it, and the rails have different weight ratings. A 40" full extension slide set that I found is rated for 96lbs when fully extended.

I have a camper shell on my truck and want to be able to easily slide it in/out as needed when camping.

I don't need to be exact with the weight, but "it's heavy" isn't helpful.
Gary79Ag
AG
Are you asking about it being full of beer and ice or a body? Trying to figure out your motive...
Naveronski
AG
Thank you.
Naveronski
AG
Gary79Ag said:

Are you asking about it being full of beer and ice or a body? Trying to figure out your motive...

Hopefully both, plus ice, but I suppose that depends if the body is left mostly whole or not.
Naveronski
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I'm not sure why you're asking, but I have an RTIC 65. With 3-4 bags of ice, plenty of drinks and food, my 115lb wife and I can carry it and lift into the truck bed just fine.

If you want exact weight for flying or something, I'd guess between 80-90 lbs.

Apparently your wife is "slightly heavier" than a full ice chest, but less than two ice chests.
IslandAg76
AG
For every Yeti/RTIC 65 qts & over you should buy one and get a free fork lift.
OregonAggie
AG
OP needs to hit the weights and stop worrying about it
I Am A Critic
What if I wanted to fill it with liquid mercury? How much would that weigh?
SWCBonfire
AG
ConstructionAg01 said:

The RTIC 65 holds a true 65 quarts of volume according to RTIC. Assuming it is full of ice and drinks that would be appropriately equal to the weight of 65 quarts of water, so about 68 pounds. Plus the weight of the cooler you stated previously and the full cooler would be just over 100 pounds.

A quart of water is over 2lbs. You would be looking at 135.5 lbs if filled with 65 qts of water. Of course, there is a lot of air space between the ice.
FIDO*98*
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

She's little.....but, she's strong. Her first baby........come out sideways. She didn't scream or nothin
Naveronski
AG
SWCBonfire said:

ConstructionAg01 said:

A quart of water is over 2lbs. You would be looking at 135.5 lbs if filled with 65 qts of water. Of course, there is a lot of air space between the ice.

Fair point.

Adding in the weight of cans or anything else denser than water, and I should build a slide to hold at least 200lbs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.