Outdoors
Sponsored by

In-ground Trampolines

3,328 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HombreDoce
HombreDoce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have decided that I want my kids to have an in-ground trampoline. Is there anyone on the board that has one? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
LSB_2002
AG
Interested!
schmellba99
AG
Only thing I can say is to make sure you have good positive drainage on the below ground portion, and a sump pump to keep it dry so you don't have a mosquito farm. Make sure you have easy access to the sump and the pump so you can maintain it.
histag10
AG
I had one growing up! We lived in west Texas, so wasnt really an issue with having standing water under it.

We had a tree right beside ours (my parents thought it would be great for shade and whatnot). Turns out, kids will climb a tree and jump onto the trampoline below. Injuries still happened.

Make sure the hole is dug deep enough to not bottom out when jumping.
WP69
AG
Up your liability coverage
Duncan Idaho
You had one in West Texas and didn't have a standing water problem? In West Texas?
histag10
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

You had one in West Texas and didn't have a standing water problem? In West Texas?

Lower case west Texas, not West, Texas.

Also yes, it amazes people all the time that Midland/Odessa area doesnt see a ton of rain.
Apache
AG
Ditto on the sump pump.
Another thing to be aware of is airflow. You should leave the trampoline a foot above surrounding grade OR have a gap between the trampoline & walls for air to escape.

If you don't have this gap, air compressed by the downward motion of the mat will be forced back up through the mat & make for less "bounce" and also tougher on the joints.
Average Joe
AG
So, to sum up:

1. Dig Hole
2. Put sump pump in hole
3. Put trampoline in hole
4. ??
5. Profit
jtp01
AG
We have been considering this as well. My concern would be critters getting under there in the summer specifically for shade specifically rattlesnakes.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
histag10 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Lower case west Texas, not West, Texas.

Also yes, it amazes people all the time that Midland/Odessa area doesnt see a ton of rain.
Yep, I grew up in Andrews. Average precipitation is just under 14" per year. When I was a kid (in the 60s), there was a trampoline park there for a while. They were all in-ground type.
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
HombreDoce
AG
Thank you for all the input gentleman.

I'm putting it in ground to reduce liability without having to have a net. I'm an 80's kid, and safety nets are for *******.

The spring pads I'm using are designed for in-ground tramps to allow air flow. If the airflow affects the bouncing conditions, I'm prepared the install ducting vents with 5" ducting hose.

I'm putting a 2'x3' soak away at the bottom of the hole first before messing with a pump.

Above pic is what I have in mind.

I'm most concerned about digging a level hole.

My kids are getting the trampoline. I'm getting myself a pneumatic shovel. Theiroleticly it will take my digging game to a whole other level.

It will be a while before we have trees big enough to climb.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.