Outdoors
Sponsored by

Treed by feral hog rumble strips

2,689 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 80sGeorge
ItsA&InotA&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You just can't make this up. From the Game Warden Notes.

Fear That Rumbling Sound
At about 11:30 p.m. on June 21, a Government Canyon State Park police officer received a missing persons call from the San Antonio Police Department. It seems the missing person called 911 from somewhere in the park reporting that an animal had been following and growling at her, so she had taken refuge by climbing a tree. The park police officer searched her last reported location to no avail, but was able to make contact on her cell phone to reassure her help was on the way. She urged him to please hurry because an animal she believed to be a wild pig was nearby and growling. He informed her he would turn on his truck siren and asked her to listen. She was unable to hear his siren, so the officer told her to use her iPhone to send him her location by text message, which she did. The officer then hiked to that location and found her and a male subject in a tree. She warned the officer that the pig was still close by and she heard it just a few minutes before he arrived. Shortly after that, the officer heard a car drive over the rumble strips nearby on Galm Road and watched as the woman's body language immediately changed. The officer asked if they believed the noise they just heard was a pig and both nodded. He explained it was only cars crossing rumble strips on the road nearby. Embarrassed by the misperceived threat, the lost hikers were reassured by the officer that the unknown can be scary and their reaction surprisingly common.

SanAntoneAg
AG
Some people are just better off staying inside.
BCStalk
I would have told them that hogs around there can climb trees.
Picard
AG
It was pretty hot. I'm surprised the snowflakes didn't melt in the tree.

DeWrecking Crew
Texas 1836
AG

saltyoldguy
AG
I bet they drove there in a Subaru

Martin Cash
AG
The wife of a good friend came home from a shopping trip to Austin one day and told her husband the car was making a horrible noise. He got in the car and drove around town. No sound. A few weeks later they were going to Austin, husband driving. He drifted over and hit the drunk bumps, straightened out, and his wife yelled 'that's the noise!' He veered right and hit the bumps again and said 'you mean that?' Yep.
HalifaxAg
AG
Too bad he couldn't have played along and left them there for a few days.
Ifishandlie
AG
Speaking of wives ...

Mine saw me mowing the yard. Our grass is really thick and soft. It was taller than normal as well.

She said, " you make that look easy. I can do it." She was being cocky

I said, " sure you can. Come do it awhile". She came over and started pushing.

Her arms were shaking and she moved the mower about 20 feet before stopping. She looked at me in shock. She started stammering how strong I was and couldn't believe I could do that all day. Went in the house to get me a beer ....

I went over, Engaged the self-propelled lever .....

You get the idea.
DeWrecking Crew
The only problem with that plan is you will forever be the one mowing the lawn
Post removed:
by user
TwoMarksHand
80sGeorge
AG
Winning thread title.

I was like WTH?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.