Outdoors
Sponsored by

Industrial TCEQ Permit help

2,238 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Enviroag02
Usoos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Can someone recommend a company that can give me some assistance with a TCEQ filing in Port Arthur? It will be a natural gas processing plant. Timing is pretty quick.

Initially, it will be some minor consulting until we get to FID. Assuming we get the cash, then I could potentially need additional help.
Richard Trickle
AG
Are you looking for air permitting help?
Usoos
AG
Yes air permitting, not water
SunrayAg
AG
http://coxmclain.com/

Richard Trickle
AG
I've had Alliant Environmental do several air permit applications for me. Reasonably priced and quick turnaround if you tell them. 281-717-4392 ask for Shawn.
HSEAG13
Disorbo
AgySkeet06
AG
Waid Environmental http://www.waid.com/

They specialize in Air Quality and I graduated a with a couple of their engineers. One of them use to frequent this board.
will.mcg
AG
TCEQ is actually pretty helpful if you ask them..... this is a serious answer. They would rather you get set up correctly from the get go than have to "help" you fix your mess after the fact.
will.mcg
AG
https://www.tceq.texas.gov/agency/directory/air-directory.html#airpermits
Darby
Dude Hall @ Timber Creek Environmental

He's a good Ag

www.timbercreekenv.com
CTGilley
AG
I work for TRC. That is what we do everyday.
txags92
AG
My wife (class of 92 and 97), does a ton of that kind of work, PM me for her contact info.
JR_83
Hey, I know a lot of the consultants mentioned on here! (and my company, Providence Engineering, does air permitting work too). TCEQ used to keep a list of air permitting consultants on their web site, but recently took it down. Are you looking for a PBR, standard permit or full blown NSR permit? Cuz we do all of them too.

We also do water and waste work.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Whatever you do, get a pro. Make sure they show how they did their calculations. This will be important later down the road. Make sure they don't let the green kids at TCEQ stick a bunch of nonsense in your permit, cause they will. Not saying they are doing nefarious things there, just saying they have high turnover and some of then don't know their ass from a hole in the ground at this stage in their career.
Also, unless you are with some kind of startup, your company probably already has a group they work with on this kind of stuff. This kind of relationship is a BFD, so do your homework. Good luck.
Ag_of_08
AG
Air quality in Port Arthur? Honestly if you're not venting large quantities of H2S or something else extraordinarily toxic, they shouldn't have an issue( note I said LARGE quantities).

txags92
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

Air quality in Port Arthur? Honestly if you're not venting large quantities of H2S or something else extraordinarily toxic, they shouldn't have an issue( note I said LARGE quantities).

Want to know how I know you don't do air permitting for a living?
Ag_of_08
AG
Want to know how I know you didnt catch the joke?

But seriously....have friends and family in most of the major plants in Port Arthur and Beaumont, I know what gets vented, leaked, and in general released out of this mess
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Lots of others in line first to help you so vet those. As said before, just be careful and know exactly what your proposed process is since PBRs can be pretty prescriptive. Push back on the TCEQ, that was good advice, you might get a newbie and they may have taken a recent training that makes them "experts" however they might not be correct. Good luck.
wolf2011
AG
Flatrock Environmental, use them for work all the time, highly recommend.
ags4rocks
Let me know if you need any other help, engineering/construction......
Usoos
AG
Thanks for the replies. I've been traveling and haven't had a chance to check back in. Currently stuck in Denver, so have plenty of time now.

I'm bidding on the work, so I'm not ready to engage anyone yet. It is sort of a strange deal. The company has bought the land and it has an existing air permit in place. The plan for the land has changed, so now they're trying to figure out if they can utilize the existing permit or not.

I'll reach back out, once I get further through the process.
highlonesomeaggie
AG
I've used both Disorbo and Tricord with much success and would recommend either of them.
AgEng06
AG
We/ I can help you, OP. It's what we do every day, and have done for 40+ years. We're a full on engineering firm, so all of our work would be done under supervision and sealed by a Texas PE.

Our rates are also on some of the most competitive in the business, especially for the quality of our work product.

If you make it this far down the list, shoot me an email aggieeng06 at Gmail.
Enviroag02
AG
Oil and Gas permitting in Texas is fairly easy in air permitting terms. Is this is a cryogenic plant with amine, dehy/mole sieve, suction/residue compression, tankage, flare(s), and fugitives? Have access to enough power or will you need a turbine to generate power? If all of that, you are looking at a Standard Permit (either 116.620 or NRSP) and a GOP 514 (if that compression is gas powered, maybe not if electric). The TCEQ has a pretty extensive oil and gas calculation spreadsheet that should allow you to generate calcs for all your sources. It will also have a modeling component which is where it can get tricky. I was actually surprised by the fact that BPA is in attainment so that makes it much easier depending on emissions level. If you go Standard Permit and GOP then public notice shouldn't be required either. Options below the Standard Permit would be a PBR but that would only be for a site more like a booster station or small treating facility. Above a Standard Permit would be the Case by Case and FOP. Those are more complicated and require public notice. Nevertheless if I were you I'd start with the oil and gas calculations spreadsheet and see what level of permitting it suggests. What type of permit does the site currently have and what type of facility?

If you need a consultant, I would definitely go with TriCord in Frisco. I haven't used them, but I worked with those guys and know their work very well. It's not impossible to do it yourself either. You can start with a little research. Find a facility similar to your proposed on, ideally in the same county, and find their air permit application in the TCEQs online database. This will give you a good idea of what makes up an application.

Edit...forgot to address timeline. The NRSP will require a simple notification before you can start construction and a full application within 90 days of operation. 116.620 wont allow construction for 45 days after the application is submitted. GOP is required before start of operation if it's a major source (100 tpy for any pollutant).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.