Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ben Masters' new documentary

6,507 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jsdaltxag
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas 1836 said:

rootube said:

SanAntoneAg said:

rootube said:

SanAntoneAg said:

Or, walk away from it because the current illegal immigration problem has gotten completely out of hand.
DM me when you find someone walking away from their land on the border. I'll be waiting.

Okay, since you're nonsensically splitting hairs, walk away from their property by selling it because of the current illegal immigration problem. Is that better?
Here's my experience of land ownership on the border at least where I grew up. To be fair, I have not been back for many years but I am sure that it is the same now as it has been for forever. There are a small number of families who own absolutely enormous ranches. There are also much smaller parcels that are either owned by someone who wants their little place in the country like many of us do and people who go there to hunt during deer season.

I think of the area where I grew up as a lot like the hill country west of Austin only it seems like it is as far away as Mars.
Well, thanks for lecturing us on the current state of affairs ...
Not intending to lecture only giving my opinion like you are. My point was that the large ranching families on the border are not going anywhere and everyone else is basically a rounding error. So to suggest like people on here are doing that people are fleeing the border because of illegal aliens is probably an exaggeration. I have done absolutely no research to prove or disprove this but it's not like there has been a lot of data on people are leaving in droves theory either.
nonameag99
rootube said:

nonameag99 said:

Get that liberal crap out of here

I enjoyed unbranded but it was borderline too much liberal crap

You know what will keep the west wild, keep the illegals out

Guess who bankrolled this? Warren Buffet...

I realize that this is dangerous ground but in what sense would you consider increased border security keeping the west "Wild"? I realize you like the idea of security and you like the idea of "Wildness" but I don't think these two things relate to one another the way you think they do.

Edit: Also I am super jealous I couldn't go in this trip with the filmmakers. Looks amazing.
I am not pro wall. I am anti breaking the law. I don't care if you fly here on a plane, drive in a car, or swim across a river. If you break the law and are here illegally GTFO

If I break the law I am punished

Don't like the laws, change them

I know plenty illegals and I don't dislike them, quite frankly they are exploited IMO

And you haven't the slightest idea what I am thinking

The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
nonameag99
rootube said:

PineTreeAg said:

If you dont want the wall then make a documentary about the dangers of illegal immigration and the rise of crime in Mexico so that the problem might be addressed by policy rather than construction projects.

I dont want the wall and I wish the border was the way it used to be but Mexico is slipping into the seventh circle of hell and something has to be done to protect our home
Sure. My point is if you want the wall just be honest and say you are afraid of illegal aliens and not that you are somehow keeping the border wild because that is the opposite of the truth.

I am afraid of law breakers, I hate criminals!

Work to change the law. If you want open borders fine, change the laws.

The democrats are not even proposing to change the laws.
nonameag99
rootube said:

nonameag99 said:

Get that liberal crap out of here

I enjoyed unbranded but it was borderline too much liberal crap

You know what will keep the west wild, keep the illegals out

Guess who bankrolled this? Warren Buffet...

Technically, according to that link down below it's funded by Howard Buffett not Warren. Although I can't see why it would matter either way. Are we supposed to dislike Warren Buffett?
WB is a giant liberal and I am sure the apple didn't fall far from the tree considering Howard is on the board of Berkshire.

nonameag99
Texas 1836 said:

rootube said:

Capt. Augustus McCrae said:

rootube said:

PineTreeAg said:

If you dont want the wall then make a documentary about the dangers of illegal immigration and the rise of crime in Mexico so that the problem might be addressed by policy rather than construction projects.

I dont want the wall and I wish the border was the way it used to be but Mexico is slipping into the seventh circle of hell and something has to be done to protect our home
Sure. My point is if you want the wall just be honest and say you are afraid of illegal aliens and not that you are somehow keeping the border wild because that is the opposite of the truth.

I'm not afraid of them. I'm afraid that this country will cease to exist as we know it (including that beautiful landscape) with an invasion of migrants that bring nothing but open hands and wanting eyes.

I'm willing to sacrifice a piece of landscape for the ability to say that I live in a sovereign nation that defends its borders.
Got it. So what you are saying is that you are afraid, and that a wall will prevent this country from ceasing to exist.

What I think is that we are playing a trick on ourselves and spending billions of tax dollars and using eminent domain to take land from private citizens to build a wall that will essentially prevent US citizens from accessing a major water way that is our right as US citizens to access. Congratulations we have saved our union (Just not the part that goes right up to the Rio Grande)
I think we just found Ben Master's Mom ...

And thanks for confirming that his "documentary" is loaded with one-sided politics.
So true
nonameag99
rootube said:

You still going with the Ben's mom thing? Come on Texas 1836 you can dig a little deeper. You know like an illegal going under your fence.
So are you really Ben?
nonameag99
rootube said:

AnScAggie said:

Until you've paid for broken doors and windows, to replace refrigerators and freezers they leave open to cool off when 8' away is a thermostat, mend fences they drive through trying to escape from BP or have to pick up trash, milk jugs, luggage and clothes they leave behind you really don't have a right to question others. My wife and I specifically bought our STX ranch where we did to escape the above that was a constant at our place in Carrizo. If your backyard has no fence and you don't mind people walking through and treating it as your own, then you're a better man than me.
You may want to read my posts again. I was stating my opinion. Which many disagree with on here and that is fine. Normally I steer clear of the politics board because I consider it a sewer. What got my goat was someone coming on the outdoors board which I LOVE and claiming that building that dumb wall would somehow make the west more wild. That is false.

For what it's worth I grew up on the border (Much closer than Carrizo) where I believe some of that movie is filmed. I do not doubt that you may have had a bad experience but you really don't know anything about mine.
Buffet wants illegals here to provide cheap labor and increase the population overall so that he has more consumers. Where do you think a lot of those illegals are moving to? You think Buffet gives a **** about a wall on the Rio Grande and your view and access to it?
gwellis
AG
rootube said:

Texas 1836 said:

rootube said:

SanAntoneAg said:

rootube said:

SanAntoneAg said:

Or, walk away from it because the current illegal immigration problem has gotten completely out of hand.
DM me when you find someone walking away from their land on the border. I'll be waiting.

Okay, since you're nonsensically splitting hairs, walk away from their property by selling it because of the current illegal immigration problem. Is that better?
Here's my experience of land ownership on the border at least where I grew up. To be fair, I have not been back for many years but I am sure that it is the same now as it has been for forever. There are a small number of families who own absolutely enormous ranches. There are also much smaller parcels that are either owned by someone who wants their little place in the country like many of us do and people who go there to hunt during deer season.

I think of the area where I grew up as a lot like the hill country west of Austin only it seems like it is as far away as Mars.
Well, thanks for lecturing us on the current state of affairs ...
Not intending to lecture only giving my opinion like you are. My point was that the large ranching families on the border are not going anywhere and everyone else is basically a rounding error. So to suggest like people on here are doing that people are fleeing the border because of illegal aliens is probably an exaggeration. I have done absolutely no research to prove or disprove this but it's not like there has been a lot of data on people are leaving in droves theory either.
So let me get this straight, all of this pot stirring is based on your feelings? You do realize that the so called border wall does not run the entire border right? The last round asked for about 350 miles total. Where it is asked for it is desperately needed. Congress won't do crap about correcting and improving our immigration laws and we can't allow the Hundreds of Thousands of illegals to keep streaming across our border. They are not all bad people, but they are all 100% breaking the law. They have no right to jump ahead in line of the over 1Million people who legally immigrate here annually. If it takes parts of our border having large barriers then I am all for it if it helps save our Country from this literal invasion.
Gil '91
jsdaltxag
I don't think anyone here has seen the movie.

I saw the teaser linked in this post as well as another earlier this year. The first did have the chants about build the wall, but the second was about conservation. I will reserve judgement until after I see the whole film.

Regarding the wall I am not naive enough to think that building a wall will keep people out, rather they will just go around or more likely dig under it.
gwellis
AG
jsdaltxag said:

I don't think anyone here has seen the movie.

I saw the teaser linked in this post as well as another earlier this year. The first did have the chants about build the wall, but the second was about conservation. I will reserve judgement until after I see the whole film.

Regarding the wall I am not naive enough to think that building a wall will keep people out, rather they will just go around or more likely dig under it.
Nativity is not part of this discussion. Was it Naive for the wall built in the San Diego sector to drop illegal crossings by 98%. How about the more than 96% reduction at both Nogales and El Paso? The RGV sector is apprehending over 100,000 a month right now. I'd gladly take a reduction of 90,000. I'd love to see the benefits given to illegals taken away as well. Take away their incentive for coming.
Gil '91
jsdaltxag
I am all for building a wall in urban areas or high crossing corridor.

Master's film is about preserving wildlife migration corridors, water, and other conservation areas. Not sure how to connect the dots that he is a bleeding heart liberal and that importing illegals was part of his agenda.

These seem like two separate issues to me.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.