Outdoors
Sponsored by

Anyone accidently carried a gun through TSA security

18,293 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiepublius
IDAGG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

On an aside- I wonder why that TSA firearms may only shows airports in the south(ish)? Nothing from west coast or north east- when I absolutely sure there were firearms discovered in those places as well. Even if they were lower numbers, the point of the post (appeared) to be to brag about how effective TSA is. Showing all airports would only help that.
Strange...
The map shows the top ten airports for gun discoveries, so the classic top ten list. It makes sense that they are all in gun friendly states. Try driving around New Jersey with a gun in a bag. If stopped you will be jailed most likely.

ETA: Those of you in Texas are hitting it out of the park. Four of the top ten airports are in Texas.
dr_boogs
AG
Your post struck a nerve. Not really relevant to the topic at hand but it is just disgraceful that some of our states are so anti-2A that possession of a firearm by a lawful citizen will result in an arrest and seizure of private property. Our founding fathers would be disgusted with what has happened to NJ and NY and many of our other states on so many levels. But this topic in particular.

They fought a war over the right to bear arms and many of their progeny have just slowly thrown in the towel and given it all away. The history books will not be kind to later generations of Americans who literally gave away the greatest system of self-governance the world has ever seen.

The final end point of government is tyranny - tyranny of the masses/mob rule (pure democracy) or tyranny of the few (fascism/communism). It simply takes different governing systems longer to decay to tyranny than others. Our Constitution was established with many firewalls to prevent this decay (vertical and horizontal separation of powers) but we have allowed the leftists to breach most of them. It's why I'm such a big supporter of Convention of States. This is our country and our government, but it sure doesn't appear that way any longer. Arrested for owning a pistol in NJ. Sheesh. Constitutionalist rant over. Carry (LTC) on.
cupofjoe04
AG
Classic top 10 list. Hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks!
IDAGG
AG
Couldn't agree more. And I uses New Jersey as an example because there is a pretty famous example of someone getting the gestapo treatment on the side of a New Jersey highway. It was pretty unbelievable but it was from a legitimate news source.

On another note I did look up my local airport and BOI had 22 guns found by TSA in carry on luggage in 2018, including 3 in three days. So we are way down the list, but it is a much smaller airport than DFW or IAH of course.
aggiepublius
AG
Here are the previous years:

https://instagr.am/p/BequS0rHK8K

https://instagr.am/p/BPOG_MOBBwD

https://instagr.am/p/BA17H6UF99Q

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.