Outdoors
Sponsored by

Pronghorn mount

3,497 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cupofjoe04
cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got my Pronghorn back from Montana Skull Works today. I'm very happy with how it turned out! I got the nickel plating/coating- really goes well with the color of the horns. The finish is subtle yet shiny in the light, has a hard/cold metallic feel.

Thought I would post up incase anyone is looking for some euro mount inspiration.

cupofjoe04
AG
And for anyone wondering- yes this is a 122" Pronghorn!!!

**nods head @ mountain lion thread**
hoodlum98
agenjake
Very nice, sir.
FightinBQ09
AG
Not a fan of dipping/painting skulls but that is a heck of an antelope. Nice work!
AgEng06
AG
cupofjoe04
AG
FightinBQ09 said:

Not a fan of dipping/painting skulls but that is a heck of an antelope. Nice work!

Honestly- I never have been either. Still dont personally like the painted crazy/camo ones. But I was looking for something different than just plain bleached (have enough euros), and this caught my eye. I'm pretty happy with it, was nervous I wouldn't like it.

Think I'm eventually going to build a corner display out of an old ceader fence post, and if I'm able to get another buck or 2, hang them all on the post together in the corner of my office.
cupofjoe04
AG
Ha ha!!! Perfect gif
FightinBQ09
AG
I dig it!

I haven't killed a pronghorn yet so I have no room to say a thing! I'm hoping to go on a hunt in the next year or two.
slammerag
AG
That is a toad! Why no shoulder mount?
cupofjoe04
AG
slammerag said:

That is a toad! Why no shoulder mount?

Thanks. Was my first one- ended up being 79, with 1.5" of broken horn. I decided to wait and do a shoulder on one when I get one in the books.
Gric
AG
Looks great
BradMtn346
Looks cool!
SanAntoneAg
AG
Looks great, congrats.
stdeb11
AG
Nice! I actually like that dipped look a lot better than I thought I would. I have a friend who got real big into the crazy color dipped ones and man they're ugly. That looks very clean and goes well with the dark horns.
44mAG
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

Thanks. Was my first one- ended up being 79, with 1.5" of broken horn. I decided to wait and do a shoulder on one when I get one in the books.

79" goat is huge. Hopefully you don't regret not shoulder mounting it one day. Waiting for a book goat is the same as assuming you will kill a low fence 160" whitetail. Great goat!
Gibbs Slap
AG
Nice antelope!
cupofjoe04
AG
44mAG said:

cupofjoe04 said:

79" goat is huge. Hopefully you don't regret not shoulder mounting it one day. Waiting for a book goat is the same as assuming you will kill a low fence 160" whitetail. Great goat!

No doubt, I'm with you 100%. Definitely aware of the odds. We were chasing a true monster for most of our hunt (he was easily 85+, substantially larger than the one I killed). Dang near got him too- stalked within 150 yards, and my Dad just couldn't get a clean shot before he ducked the fence. Was a pretty awesome couple stalks chasing that ole boy- cherished once in a lifetime memories to pursue an animal of that caliber.

I'm completely happy with this mount, even if I never kill another speed goat in my life. I killed my first (and likely only) fallow deer this year as well, and did a wall-pedestal shoulder mount on him (he was 1/2 chocolate looking, pretty cool). So, I just decided to do something different for this antelope to go at my office.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.