Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ski Aficionados? Snow Report

6,948 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cupofjoe04
cplatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice, I spent ten years in Texas and made the move to do samenin Wyoming and haven't looked back lol
UTExan
cplatt said:

Nice, I spent ten years in Texas and made the move to do samenin Wyoming and haven't looked back lol

Same here-worked 9 in TX and then grad school and an LEO job in UT.
FrontPorchAg
snow update from work today:

https://instagr.am/p/Bt9WFtFFFwj

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
stdeb11
AG
Looks amazing. I'm bummed I didn't make it out this weekend to enjoy it.
FrontPorchAg
Ark03 said:

I don't disagree, but they do have a great ski school, lines are rare, and no snowboarders there to flop down right in front of me ...and my wife likes their level of grooming.
I used to work for DV so their upper management has a special place in my heart
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
dr_boogs
AG
Spent this last week at Breck. Snow was ok, windy as usual there. Made it up to the top on Tuesday.

Pano from the top

Friday went to Copper. Hadn't ski'd there in 20 years. Had a blast. Snow was amazing. Very little wind. Got up top and ski'd union bowl and copper bowl. 6 inches of fresh powder. Now I remember why I loved Copper. Will be going back again next season. Here are some photos from the back of Copper Bowl.

View over towards Breckenridge

Pano of Copper bowl

Tucker ridge

Saturday rented an SUV and drove to Santa Fe NM to meet up w my family. Went up over Fremont pass, it was white knuckle driving all the way. Roads cleared up in Leadville and I thought I had it made. Then hit this at the CO NM border. Cars and trucks everywhere.

Made it safe and sound, headed to Ski Santa Fe tomorrow w the kids.
UTExan
Are those last two pics on I 25 going toward Raton?
dr_boogs
AG
285 southbound
texas_ute
AG
I'm a snowboarder. I've never "flopped down in front of anyone". I'm also an "old", class of '96. I think that when people equate obnoxious behavior w snowboarders it is b/c of TEENAGE snowboarders. TEENAGE skiers are just as obnoxious. Trust me after 17 years of living in the mountains and skiing/boarding. It is not the choice of sport, it is the age group.
DVM97
AG
Just got back from Steamboat and we had a blast!! Fresh snow on Saturday and Sunday, COLD skiing on Saturday but an awesome day with snow almost all day. Wish we could have stayed another day or two.

DVM
agsalaska
AG
Copper Mountain is my favorite mountain of all time.

Went to AngelFire this year for Christmas with family and got 16 inches on day 1. Easy mountain and we had a lot of fun. Looks like Angel Fire and Taos got dumped on again this week. Best snow in NM in a decade.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
txaggie02
AG
Heading to Breckenridge on Saturday with the wife and kiddo. Going to be the first ski trip for our 3-1/2 year old son, so it should be a ton of fun.
jt2hunt
AG
Beaver creek has snowed for the last couple of days and still snowing!
Ikanizer
AG
Bring your layers. -29 in Creede this morning.
cupofjoe04
AG
38" of fresh @ Wolf Creek the past 2 days. Break this morning, another big storm settling in this afternoon.
whoop91
AG
Headed to Park City now. Snowboarding the next few days. Only expecting an inch or two while i am there.
txaggie02
AG
Flying back from Breckenridge today and our trip was awesome! The weather was absolutely perfect. We skiied for two full days and then took the kiddo over to Copper Mountain for some tubing and to ride the roller coaster. We managed to hit up Dillon Dam Brewery and Breckenridge Brewery which had some great beers. We all had a blast!
FlyFish95
I was in PC 2/4 - 2/6. It was pretty killer that last day. McConkey's Bowl had been closed for the first few days of that storms, just collecting all of that snow. It finally opened on 2/6 and I was one of the first few people down it. Got waist deep in spots.
bkag9824
AG
Next time you swing through that way, make a stop at Bakers' Brewery just across 70 as well. Their green chili is fantastic, and beers are pretty good too.
IDAGG
AG
The western US has just been sheethammered with snow for the past 3 or 4 weeks. Stanley, ID has been cut off as all three state highways into Stanley have been closed due to avalanches. I like this tweet they sent out this morning:

bmet
AG
Cross posted on the travel board---

Headed to Keystone, CO next week for some skiing. Unfortunately, one of my kids (12 year old) recently fractured his ankle and will be in a boot. Any ideas of things to do around there someone that age might enjoy besides mountain sports? I was thinking ice fishing, maybe? Would snowmobiling maybe be an option - I've never done it and don't know how bumpy it might be on marked trails, etc?
cupofjoe04
AG
bmet said:

Cross posted on the travel board---

Headed to Keystone, CO next week for some skiing. Unfortunately, one of my kids (12 year old) recently fractured his ankle and will be in a boot. Any ideas of things to do around there someone that age might enjoy besides mountain sports? I was thinking ice fishing, maybe? Would snowmobiling maybe be an option - I've never done it and don't know how bumpy it might be on marked trails, etc?

Ice fishing is a ton of fun (followed by periods of boredom), but if he enjoys fishing, it will be an experience.

Snowmobiling might be a bit tough on the ankle, depending on how bad the break was and how healed it is. It is pretty bumpy, especially with a teen in the throttle. You need to push on your feet to lean into turns, so depending on his pain, that might now be pleasant.

unfortunately, there isn't a ton of stuff to do in the winter besides mountiansports. If he can hobble around pretty good, and the boot is stable, you could see if there is a tubing/sledding hill around. That's IF the ankle is solid in a boot. He might need to bring lots of books and spend time in the hot tub
UTExan
More fresh snow over the weekend. If you anticipate a spring break ski trip here are the water equivalents due to heavy recent snowfall

cupofjoe04
AG
Wolf Creek has 57" new inches from this storm- and brings our total to 450+... some crazy good powder on the hill this week.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.