Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** 2019 OB Fitness Goals Thread***

24,209 Views | 249 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Daddy-O5
Daddy-O5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

Nothing came easy in the gym this week. Wondering if taking a few days off to give my whole body some rest might do me some good. At some point I will need to start eating more, and that should probably be sooner than later.

For me a few days of rest certainly helps. I used to be somewhat nervous about doing it because my diet wasn't great and I needed to burn a LOT of calories on a regular/daily basis. Now that my diet it a little bit better I don't feel like crap or notice any notable weight gain if I don't workout a few days to let my body rest.

A normal routine with regular intermittent rest days is still my best option, but not at all worried about taking 2-3 days off if/when my body is telling me to.
Daddy-O5
AG
Down to my lowest weight of the year so far. Down 23 pounds to 243. Had hit a little bit of a wall at 250 so reduced dairy intake and switched to 2% milk instead of whole. No idea what the experts say about that but seems to have helped me. Also an emphasis on almonds/pistachios between meals, healthier than usual snacks and curbs the desire to binge on meals.

Workout regimen remains pretty steady, lots of rowing mixed with weights.
Post removed:
by user
jrrhouston98
AG
My weight loss journey was unexpected and quite a surprise. I suffered a stroke on mother's day and have since dropped just over 30#. I've had to go through a complete lifestyle change to include plenty of exercise, as well as work on my diet and intake amounts. Shedding a small child has made me feel better already, but since I'm at it, I might as well keep going. I'd like to drop another 20#.

I walk at least 3 miles every day, mix runs/jogging in most days, started riding my bike again, and started playing tennis again as well. At times it almost seems like there isn't enough time to do everything, but if you can't find an hour a day then something is wrong. I owe it to my family to get my health back and stick around for a while.
Daddy-O5
AG
Real sorry to hear about your stroke but happy to hear you're doing well since. My two baby girls are a big motivator for me too.

Good luck on your next 20. Look forward to hearing another successful update.
Daddy-O5

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.