Outdoors
Sponsored by

Aimpoint Pistol red dot

2,688 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Strongweasel97
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, so they finally have one coming.

https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-acro-p-1/

Cool thing is, while I haven't had a chance to personally get a hold of it to try, one of my customers that is a police officer has actually gotten to play with one when Aimpoint brought it by for HPD to check out. He didn't take notes while there so this is all second hand info, but he's one of the guys that gets into guns more than others so everything here should be pretty spot on.

Mounting plates - fits Glock MOS, M&P Core and FN.
No fishing for the dot - due to the design, it has a bit of a hood/tube to look through, making it much more intuitive to find the dot compared to the RMR and other like them that are a window.
Glass clarity - no blue tint
Window is larger than RMR
Mounting is very solid
Don't have to remove the optic to replace battery
1 yearish on battery on medium power
Pics online are a bit deceiving on size, it is much smaller in person than it looks in the pictures. Only a little bigger than an RMR.
Fully enclosed system so nothing can block the red dot from being emitted.
According to the Aimpoint rep, pricing should be a bit below comparable RMRs
Testing was done on 40S&W with 40,000 rounds before a hiccup.
Assumption of release date probably just after SHOT.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
TheEyeGuy
AG
Oh, and just told me, he actually did get to shoot it. He was about to rig up a gun (HPD can carry with red dots now) with and RMR and he's holding off for the Aimpoint now.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
gibberish
AG
Holding out for this milling

Strongweasel97
AG
Looks like a covered wagon, but I'll give it a try. I've had consistent recoil issues (now you see it, now you don't) with my batteried rmrs on a Glock 40 (10mm). Without co-witnessed Dawsons, I would have been screwed on a few hog pistol hunts.
highvelocity
AG
were the batteries messing up due to recoil? i was about to complete a similar set up..
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
Strongweasel97
AG
absolutely the problem.

It's fine with range ammo, but with full-tilt 10mm, it becomes a problem.
highvelocity
AG
hmmm, are you going to change up optics on it or know of an alternative that doesnt have the same issue? the RMR was what i was leaning on putting on my g40
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
Strongweasel97
AG
I'd like to try the new Aimpoint, as I've always been a believer in their redots. However, I haven't heard any issues with the Eotechs.

The problem with the Triji RMRs and the 10mm is two-fold: 1) battery contacts, which can be solved with a couple of layers of electricians tape between the mount and battery plate; however 2) has to do with the adjustable version and cannot be solved---it'll work sometimes, but sometimes the recoil interferes/short circuits the light intensity adjusters (from what I've read).
cledus6150
AG
Interesting
normaleagle05
AG
I assume the dual illuminated RM08 wouldn't suffer these problems. Then you'd only be left with the ambient light/tritium lamp contrast problems inherent with that model. Are those bad assumptions?

Very interested to see how the Aimpoint performs as I'm also considering hitting the Texian Black Market for on RM08G to go on my G40.
Strongweasel97
AG
Correct, no issues whatsoever with the 08
TSJ
AG
Do you have an original rmr or a type 2? I know they at least added more battery contacts to help.
Strongweasel97
AG
TSJ said:

Do you have an original rmr or a type 2? I know they at least added more battery contacts to help.
I have the original, so hopefully the additional (and larger) contacts have solved that issue. I probably should stop being lazy and call Trigicon's CS and ask about all this, they've been terrific to deal with in the past.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.