Outdoors
Sponsored by

Does anyone want to build a small cabinet for me?

3,500 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jayelbee
Post removed:
by user
drummer0415
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you post up a plan sheet with general dimensions and a few more details like doors, drawers, top material, etc?

Also where are you located?
DatTallArchitect
AG
AGrams?
nonameag99
Based on all of the details provided, maybe
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

AGrams?

This times elevnty. You won't be disappointed.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
drummer0415
AG
I'm in Houston (Katy) and can definitely make that, but to be extremely honest, my time table is not very quick right now (I will be out of town 4 of the next 6 weekends). If you're in a hurry, I'm not the correct option.

If time isn't super important , post up some approximate dimensions and I can put together a price for you.

Email me at ekuhrt@gmail.com if you prefer.
drummer0415
AG
For reference on my current cabinet building level:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2962372/replies/52154895#52154895
Salt of the water
AG
Is the top drawer for the battery and the amp, and then you open the hatch for super bass? Drummer should be able to hook you up with the loudest trashcan holder you've ever seen (trash storage space optional).

drummer0415
AG
OP gonna have the crunkest kitchen of 2018.
Post removed:
by user
03_Aggie
Is buying the bracket that allows the trashcan to slide in and out of a normal cabinet not an option?
Tagguy
AG
Salt of the water said:

Is the top drawer for the battery

I was expecting this to go in a different direction.
Post removed:
by user
Ornlu
AG
jayelbee said:

I just don't want to look at them. Even a "nice" expensive stainless can looks like crap.
Technically, it looks like trash, not crap.
Scriffer
AG
jayelbee said:

03_Aggie said:

Is buying the bracket that allows the trashcan to slide in and out of a normal cabinet not an option?

I dont want to give up cabinet space. I have my trash and recycling cans in a good space out of the way but still accessible. I just don't want to look at them. Even a "nice" expensive stainless can looks like crap.
If you want to do the tilting method, I'm not sure how that will go with 2 cans. Seems like you'd have to drop it out pretty far. I think 03 was suggesting something like this, but in a standalone cabinet like you want:

Scriffer
AG
Also, if it's going to be a standalone cabinet, I suggest putting it on casters and making the top a cutting board. Slide out, scraps into the trash, done.
03_Aggie
Scriffer said:

jayelbee said:

03_Aggie said:

I dont want to give up cabinet space. I have my trash and recycling cans in a good space out of the way but still accessible. I just don't want to look at them. Even a "nice" expensive stainless can looks like crap.
If you want to do the tilting method, I'm not sure how that will go with 2 cans. Seems like you'd have to drop it out pretty far. I think 03 was suggesting something like this, but in a standalone cabinet like you want:

Yes, a set up like this. There should also be a version of this bracket that mounts to the bottom of the cabinet so you can still use a standard cabinet and not have to modify the door.
Chickenhawk
I run a custom cabinet shop, and I'd love to help, but I'm afraid that shipping would be expensive to get it from ATL to hou.
Post removed:
by user
Shoefly!
AG
Damn Jayelbee your awesome sign ain't right!
Post removed:
by user
drummer0415
AG
I love this idea.

Also, I agree with the sliding drawer bracket type of slide out being better, rather than a tilting door.
drummer0415
AG
Also, OP I got your email. I will start doing a little research on materials cost and start responding to you via that email.
drummer0415
AG
Well this thread turned into another successful TexAgs hookup. After several months of emails back and forth, we finally got the design, dimensions, colors, etc, all hammered out on this thing and I finally got it built.

Here is the finished product:

The front looks a little awkward for a cabinet because it doesn't have a toe kick recess, but I ended up doing that for a specific reason. It's on casters and when the drawer is pulled out it's a little front heavy. I didn't want to put a toe kick and have to move the casters back another 2-3", making it even more off balance, so I just went with a flat front/no toe kick in order to keep the casters as far forward as possible. Also, the customer/OP is probably going to add a pull knob/handle after he decides what he wants.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
drummer0415
AG
Also, this is the part where I give myself a shameless plug. If you're interested in something similar, or have another idea you would like to toss around, feel free to contact me.

Ekuhrt@gmail.com
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.