Outdoors
Sponsored by

Conceal Carry w/ Athletic Clothes

3,419 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by O.G.
MW13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a carry option for when I'm in my athletic clothes. Shorts, t shirts etc. I'd like to have the option to carry when wearing this stuff but haven't had much luck finding anything that would work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: talking about holster, I carry a P320
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
this kinda depends on what you carry.

edit: beat me too it with your edit
The Wonderer
AG
Belly band
A.G.S.
AG
I've never had any luck carrying a full sized pistol (M&P9) without a belt. Athletic shorts just don't have the structure to hold something like that up by themselves.

I have carried my shield in a belly band on runs before, but I don't think it'd work for anything much heavier.

drummer0415
AG
I've struggled with this as well, and come to the conclusion that the only answer is a water pistol (.380) in the pocket. It's literally the only reason I have an LCP.... so I can carry SOMETHING on me when wearing athletic shorts and just need to run a quick errand.

Edit: obviously this is not a good idea/solution if you're actually going to be doing athletic things/exercise, but will work if you're just going to a store or something and happen to be wearing casual/athletic shorts.
Ag_07
AG
Just another reason not use athletic clothes.
WildcatAg
AG
I carry either a Glock 19 or a Beretta 92 in something like this. My workout shorts have a string tie. The guns completely disappear.

https://darkstargear.com/product/g17-aiwbiwb/

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC2-5.html

Just make sure you get the steel spring clip.
Muzzleblast
I use a 5.11 Tactical compression shirt I got off Amazon. Sewn in holsters under each arm.

I've carried Glock 19X without any issues. That's a big pistol.

I think they are less than 50 bucks.
TwoMarksHand
AG
https://www.undertechundercover.com/collections/mens-shorts
dodger02
AG
Where's that picture of a garter belt holster?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Your mileage may vary.
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Hill People Gear Kit bags. Check em out.
P.U.T.U
AG
OregonAggie
AG
Pecker strap. Impress the ladies with the bulge and maintain secrecy.

It's really the only answer.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Thunderwear.

I have one for my XDs 45 and it definitely works well. I can't say I use it all that often as I seldom wear athletic clothes outside of the house/gym.
C4D
AG
I rarely wear athletic clothes in public. But when i do, I carry my xds 45 in a stickey holster. Works very well.
45-70Ag
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Could he find it if he needed it
maverick2076
Another vote for belly band. I regularly run 3-5 miles carrying a Shield in mine.
flashplayer
AG
flashplayer
AG
gotsand said:

Your mileage may vary.

Rare occasion where 4 inches or less pays off.
Dunbar
AG
You want a holster with a ulticlip. This allows the holster to clip on to any garment and be secure without wearing a belt. NSR Tactical and Green Force Tactical make their kydex with that option. If you want something you can work out in, go with a belly band or fanny pack
texag06ish
AG
I use a cross breed belly band to carry my 938.
Caliber
AG
If you're just taking about running errands,a sticky holster like a remora will easily work. I carry a Glock 19 Ina remora with no issues with just draw string athletic shorts.
Bigballin
AG
I like my 5.11 fanny pack...
MW13
AG
Thanks for the suggestions. Think I'll try out the compression shorts, belly band and sticky holster.
Ornlu
AG
Haven't laughed this hard in a while. Thanks.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Thread is worthless without a pic of you in the short shorts trying to conceal your weapon

bam what
civilized05
AG
http://www.pistolwear.com/

Either the PT-One or the PT-2. I personally carry an XDs in a PT-2 with no issues. It's nice because it more or less stays in there as a makeshift bag going to and from the truck when I'm not wearing it.

I've gone on some decent runs (6+miles) with it and not had an issue with it bouncing around or getting full of sweat.

When I'm not wearing the PT-2, I'll carry ITWB with a dedicated belt and holster.
drummer0415
AG
For those of you using the belly band.... how high or low do you wear it, and what o'clock position do you have the gun?
maverick2076
Appendix, 11 o'clock (lefty). I tend to wear it pretty low when I run, with only an inch or two of the grip above the waistband of my shorts.
ElKabong
civilized05 said:

Either the PT-One or the PT-2. I personally carry an XDs in a PT-2 with no issues. It's nice because it more or less stays in there as a makeshift bag going to and from the truck when I'm not wearing it.

I've gone on some decent runs (6+miles) with it and not had an issue with it bouncing around or getting full of sweat.

When I'm not wearing the PT-2, I'll carry ITWB with a dedicated belt and holster.

EOT
drummer0415
AG
maverick2076 said:

Appendix, 11 o'clock (lefty). I tend to wear it pretty low when I run, with only an inch or two of the grip above the waistband of my shorts.

Interesting. In my head I imagine that with the gun in front of you and that low down, your thigh will hit the end of the barrel when you are running. Is this not the case?
O.G.
I've struggled with this as well and tried multiple things including modifying a Blackhawk holder on my camelback but there was almost no way to make that comfortable, plus the weight while running wasn't evenly distributed and it became awkward feeling......plus, concealment was almost impossible.

That being said, however, I'm glad I had it on me (it wasnt concealed) once on a run in E. Texas on a county road. I was running with a female and Cletus drove by slowly a couple of times in a car that just looked like something out of central casting for a serial killer
I finally turned to him and yelled, "WHAT?". My weapon was on the front of my rig and he sped off....so there is that.....

Lately however, I have taken to carrying a Glock 43 in a neoprene type band, brand name is Amphipod. Its smaller than a fanny pack and if I have it under my shirt, you'd have to be paying attention to know its there. If you are in BCS, go to Brazos Running Company and tell Mike what you are trying to do. He gets it and wont freak out if you want to see if your weapon fits. My review so far though is that it doesnt keep sweat off of the gun like I want it to, so I'm going to keep looking. However, in a pinch, it will do.

O.G.
civilized05 said:

Looking into this one. Thanks.
AggieChemist
AG
Muzzleblast said:

I use a 5.11 Tactical compression shirt I got off Amazon. Sewn in holsters under each arm.

I've carried Glock 19X without any issues. That's a big pistol.

I think they are less than 50 bucks.
I have one of these, too.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.