Outdoors
Sponsored by

Spotting Scope Recommendation

5,056 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mneisch
Caladan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mneisch said:

Thanks for the feedback. Would you happen to know how the Nikon compares with the Vortex Razor 50mm? I've been struggling to find any direct comparisons, especially when you start to look at the MCII eyepiece.
I've not used the Razor, but the one comparison review I have read stated they liked the Razor over the Nikon. I have seen the Razor priced around $650, the Nikon occasionally for less. I chose the Nikon because of the easily available (at that time, at least) fixed focal length EP's, which I prefer over zoom EP's. But if I were just running zoom EP's, I could be happy with either one.

C
mneisch
AG
Received my ED50 with the 13-40x MC2 eyepiece the other day. I'm really impressed with how clear it is, even up to full 40x magnification and shocked at the diminutive size. With the eyepiece and QR plate the total weight is 24 ounces! I've only had a chance to observe out to about 300 yards so far but look forward to reaching out further with it. This spotting scope will serve me very well for western hunting.
stdeb11
AG
Heck yeah! I'm sure it will serve you well....and agreed the size and weight really makes it easy to pack around. If in doubt I toss it in the pack.
mneisch
AG
The only negative I see is the limited eye relief, especially at high magnification. Every other attribute makes up for that though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.