Outdoors
Sponsored by

New Deer Stand

7,229 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by schmellba99
ComeAndTakeIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where did you get your steel base frame?
KenAg06
AG
I made it at work. Took a few lunch breaks to build but it took me weeks to design. I kept going back and forth with things that I have done previously. I wanted to make it light and easy to set up. The stand is 6'x6' with a 2' porch. I wanted all of the x-bracing to be the same hole pattern so I had to cantilever the porch. I didn't want to mess with angles so I cut and bent the plates to attach the legs.

BCStalk
Very cool. Nice to see another fab guy on the board. Wish I knew how to weld though.
mpl35
AG
Anchor it to the ground in any way?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Fab guys
KenAg06
AG
Yep. Has holes in the foot pads. I use a concrete drill and drive rebar with plates welded on the ends. I anchor everything out on our lease with the winds we have.
mpl35
AG
KenAg06 said:

Yep. Has holes in the foot pads. I use a concrete drill and drive rebar with plates welded on the ends. I anchor everything out on our lease with the winds we have.

Smart idea.
Figured you'd need to but couldn't see how you did it.
KenAg06
AG
BCStalk said:

Very cool. Nice to see another fab guy on the board. Wish I knew how to weld though.

It's funny cause it's been a while since I've welded anything out. I fit and tack everything and make sure it works. The next time I come out to work on something my guys have usually welded it out. I guess if you have the right guys you don't need to know how to weld.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Just FYI, the concrete epoxy plus rebar is like sword in the stone... it is not coming out after dirllling a hole in the rock placing rebar and epoxy. Did this to a feeder in on top of a flat slab of limestone and it isn't not going anywhere.
schmellba99
AG
KenAg06 said:

blockhead said:

Is it bug proof? did you seal all doors and windows and edges do keep bugs out?

Yep. Roof was foamed under the tin. It is almost air tight. I'll never have another stand that isn't. I don't like getting in my stand while it's dark and wonder what that buzzing sound could be.

Also, I'm looking for a cheap insulation solution. Having kids with me, I want to dampen the sound as much as I can and also keep in heat.

http://www.touch-n-foam.com/system-600.html

DIY spray foam, easy, portable, doesnt require tools or power, takes a few minutes and will seal the inside extremely well.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.