Outdoors
Sponsored by

Nilgai Processing

4,192 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ATX_AG_08
JWeezy08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am going on a Nilgai hunt next week and wanted to get some recommendations on processors in the Kingsville area. Who do you use and what do you have made?
Your Friend
Not to derail but what caliber will you be using?
JWeezy08
AG
.300 WBY
lazuras_dc
AG
I am a BIG fan of Hibler's http://www.hiblertaxidermy.com/

Ive had steaks, JC sausage, regular sausage, ground meat, summer sausage, and jerkey made from there-- legit!

Ive taken WT and Axis to them (never nigai but dont see why it would be diff.) also old man hibler lives above the shop so you can call at odd hours and he'll be there to take the animal- i brought him an axis after hours on a sunday one time after a hunt.
Oso96
AG
El Campo right in Kingsville. I have had just about everything made and all is good. Buck sticks are always good. Nilgai is good eating.
PetrolAg
AG
lazuras_dc said:

I am a BIG fan of Hibler's http://www.hiblertaxidermy.com/

Ive had steaks, JC sausage, regular sausage, ground meat, summer sausage, and jerkey made from there-- legit!

Ive taken WT and Axis to them (never nigai but dont see why it would be diff.) also old man hibler lives above the shop so you can call at odd hours and he'll be there to take the animal- i brought him an axis after hours on a sunday one time after a hunt.
We've had Nilgai done at Hibler's and it is excellent. Their nilgai/pork sausage is amazing in any form and is definitely my favorite. I recommend the pepper jack cheese.
skelso
AG
Oso96 said:

El Campo right in Kingsville. I have had just about everything made and all is good. Buck sticks are always good. Nilgai is good eating.

El Campo is where my buddy's camp sends all their animals for processing. I've liked everything I've tried from them. If you use them, and like tamales, get some made. Their nilgai tamales are great.
FishingAggie
You should drop it off at my house. I'll provide the address and I'll send you the packaged meat when I'm done. No charge or anything....

Edit. Hibler's is the correct answer if you actually want that nasty stuff. Seriously, I'll take one for the team and get rid of it for you. Did I mention I have 23 children?

I've never dealt with el campo. I can't say anything bad/good but sounds like they do good work as well. Couple of choices there.

Good luck on your hunt!
JWeezy08
AG
I appreciate the offer, but I won't be able sleep knowing that this horrible meat is being forced on your kids.

I will just do everyone a favor and make sure it makes it into my freezer should I be lucky enough to get one.

ATX_AG_08
AG
I used El Campo for the first time this year for a couple of doe and am pleased. Joe Hibler is my mom's first cousin. My grandpa is named Joe as well. I toured his entire operation before and the amount of amazing animals there is absolutely incredible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.