Outdoors
Sponsored by

Help me investigate! Crazy situation involving DPD

8,443 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
nashvilleaggie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was finally able to track down the officer I spoke with when I came into the station last Wednesday to pick up an accident report form. He remembered me and said he did not give out my policy number to anyone. He didn't recall a guy matching my description coming in later to report the Walmart accident but he couldn't be sure.

He says he did not give out my policy number and his two theories were 1) the guy was waiting in the parking lot and took my license plate down and got my policy info on his own 2) the guy looked into his police car when he may have been inside and saw my info as the last info up on the screen

Both sound implausible and creepy. Officer won't be back at station until Tuesday but I asked him to next look through records and see if this guy even came in that afternoon.

So, I am now more confused than when I started.
35chililights
AG
I having trouble imagining a senario where everything I've read so far doesn't feel like wasted time.

Please consider fabricating a fantastical narrative involving time travel and the fate of humanity.
nashvilleaggie11
Sorry you think it is a waste of time that I want to know how someone got my personal policy number when I have had zero interaction or anything to do with this person.
XpressAg09
AG
Quote:

What's his address
Fence-Kicking-Down Party?
35chililights
AG
Maybe my first comment was too snarky.

Allow me to rephrase:
"What outcome do you hope to achieve?"

Let's assume for arguments sake that you find out how it happened? Will that knowledge satisfy you? Will you take it further? Do you feel like something has y be done to prevent this from happening in the future?

If USAA has already cleared you, why the extra effort to find out the "how?"
nashvilleaggie11
Well, I guess I have a little time to investigate and I really am curious as to what happened. I also moved back to Dallas last year and the DPD has been less than stellar in my observations (I have a good friend in DPD so I know there are some great people in the organization but overall the department has been going downhill.) I would like to know why this happened, have it not happen in the future and possibly take it to NBC 5 Investigative Team.
AG
OP- you have to show proof of insurance when you get your car inspected. Think a guy at the shop wherever you got your car inspected last recorded your policy down for "future use?" Just an idea I hadn't seen posted after a quick glance.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

the department has been going downhill

Welcome to 1988!

The department is going downhill because all the experienced officers are leaving for other departments. DPD has terrible leadership (nothing new) and when they changed the retirement plan (admittedly a little too favorable for officers), things went south in a hurry. I don't recall details, but a friend who just retired as a Lt. at DPD said that officers had to get out before like the first of this year or risk being put in a pension system that put them years behind. So many did leave -- an took their cash out of that fund that the state looked at taking over.

Most large counties and cities are compete cluster-$%&s and Dallas and Houston (Harris) seem beholden to want to lead the pack. Behind Chicago, of course. Rawlings doesn't even realize he's made himself into a complete buffoon.
El Texicano
Here is my take...USAA should deny his claim. It is a word vs. word claim. There is no proof, video or witness to the incident. Any Joe can say this happened to them. Provide your statement to USAA telling him your side of the story. The claimant will then have to file through his own carrier under his own policy, pay his deductible and then his carrier will then subrogate if they think it worth the time and money. And what evidence do they have? Most likely, due to the expense/time of the legal paperwork vs the amount of damage, it won't be worth the time or trouble.
PooDoo
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

If you know his address, I would send him a letter with half of it in all caps.

Bocephus
AG
I'm still confused why anyone would submit a claim for a door ding.

Dallas PD has some great officers but terrible leadership overall. Imagine a government job where you are rewarded for going along with the status quo and never trying to innovate and really solve problems. Your Dallas Police command staff ladies and gentlemen.
aggielostinETX
AG
Bocephus said:

I'm still confused why anyone would submit a claim for a door ding.

Dallas PD has some great officers but terrible leadership overall. Imagine a government job where you are rewarded for going along with the status quo and never trying to innovate and really solve problems. Your Dallas Police command staff ladies and gentlemen.

Yep.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.