Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best way to attach pressure switch to AR?

40,935 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FSGuide
FSGuide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Primary Arms light with Primary Arms pressure switch on a Keymod upper. I see some things for sale to attach them to Mlock upper but haven't run across them for Keymod yet, but I'm still looking.

Could I just use Velcro?
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
If you want to look like a pro, just use hot glue.
lexofer
AG
Velcro works ok but the sticky wears out after a while. I managed to get my pressure switch pretty well secured with zip ties. One on each end of the pressure switch, nice and tight so it doesn't slip out. Try to get the latching part of the zip tie into one of the holes so it doesn't stab into your hand.
drummer0415
AG
I used black zip ties for mine and it doesn't look half bad. I'll take a pic tonight.
Strongweasel97
AG
I've always used cut inner tube bands to hold down the very ends (the tips outside of the the pressure sensor area) in conjunction with the velcro . Not the prettiest, but I don't care that much how it looks as long as it's functional for me and stays put.

Edit: I mount mine in the recess between the upper and left picatinny rails, with the tubes stretched over the entire fore...I can thumb tap it there whether I'm gripping the vert grip or the fore rail.
BCStalk
I used heat shrink around the whole thing when I had a light mounted. Just bought the size that fit well at the electric supply.

Edit: forgot to note that it was in my forward grip
DatTallArchitect
AG
Will it attach to a picatinny rail? How about mounting it to a rail cover?
FSGuide
DatTallArchitect said:

Will it attach to a picatinny rail? How about mounting it to a rail cover?

Hmmmmmm. I have some little rails and rail covers. I'm gonna check this out.
Serious Lee
i use a couple small rubber bands like these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Small-Black-Rubber-Bands-for-Hair-Crafts-Hobbies-Pony-Office-Fast-Shipping/272994337261?epid=1931677854&hash=item3f8fbb01ed:g:shQAAOSwGPxaPnzn
DatTallArchitect
AG
Let us know how it works for you
navymatt
AG
https://clouddefensive.com/collections

Or

With Streamlight pressure switches, I have seen a couple of hacks where people have used just the M-LOK or Keymod screws and nuts through the holes on either end of the pressure switch.

Or

See if it will fix any of the Magpul tapeswitch frames
Tagguy
AG
You guys need to eat more veggies. Try a rubber band that is used to hold broccoli stems together.
Caveman Ag
AG
+1 for Cloud Defensive

Or you could just use some ranger bands (cut inner tube). I use these for dang near everything:

https://gearward.com/products/ranger-bands

jabberwalkie09
AG
I have a cloud defensive setup with an hl-x. Me gusta mucho.
FSGuide
DatTallArchitect said:

Let us know how it works for you

Well, I must have little Trump hands. I tried it mounted on a rail cover, mounted on a picc rail and while I could work the switch, I had trouble keeping the light turned on because my fingers were just a bit short. I think I'm gonna go with Velcro directly to the rail with a couple of black rubber bands too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.