Outdoors
Sponsored by

OTF Knives: Benchmade Infidel vs Mini

8,533 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheVarian
Tx-Ag2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I made a deal with myself that I would buy an OTF knife if the Astros actually won a world series game. I am looking at the Infidel and the Mini Infidel but am open to other suggestions. This will be for a somewhat EDC knife.
helloag99
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I made a deal with myself that I would let TX-Ag2010 buy me a benchmade if the Astros win the World Series
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Sorry for the derail... I'm amped about this win and congratulations on your new knife!
Tx-Ag2010
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I made a deal with myself that I would let TX-Ag2010 buy me a benchmade if the Astros win the World Series

Haha. I'll admit that this deal with myself occured in the 7th inning. I went to game 2 of the ALCS and figured I would rather have a nice knife and drink (relatively) cheap beer than spend $1k on a world series game.
Caladan
You might investigate the Microtech line. They're pretty good knives.
Oldman04
AG
I was able to get a Infidel a few years back for a incredibly low price. I was able to stack a 50% off discount from the National Guard Association with a prostaff military discount. I was even able to get the blade laser engraved. All said I managed to pick it up for $125. Too good of a price to pass up for a Infidel. That being said I think it is a good knife but not very practical. It is bigger than you think. Even the mini. If I had to pay full retail for a new OTF auto know I would go with a Microtech.
aggielostinETX
AG
Bought an Infidel about 2 months ago. EDC it. Love it.

Bought from BKArms. Was cheapest I could find.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
I have a Microtech Ultratech, and it's a pretty nice knife. All OTF knives are bigger than you think, so keep that in mind. I carry my Ultratech occasionally, but I prefer to carry my (Benchmade) H&K Axis Mini on a day-to-day basis because of the size.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is that OTF knives are cool but less practical than a good folder.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
My current EDC is a Sebenza 21. I've always wanted an autoknife and now that it is legal I figured why not. Its hard to gauge the size in some of the pictures I've seen.

I might have to look at the microtech... Those look pretty sweet.
gibberish
AG
Have an Infidel OTF and they are very nice well made knives but I no longer EDC it because it makes for a poor defensive tool should something like a single sheet of paper get in the way of deployment (have replicated the video with mine as well). Consequently i prefer folders instead.

tx4guns
AG
If you want a practical, fast draw EDC knife, please check out Emerson or Spyderco knives with a wave feature. They are safer, tougher, more reliable, and faster than OTF autos.
EFE
AG
Benchmade 940 will open as fast as you can turn your hand over
TheVarian
AG
You might also check out the benchmade Casbah or the Presidio
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.