Outdoors
Sponsored by

bobcat caught!

7,392 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BrazosDog02
rhtexfish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would not recommend missionary for mounting a bobcat...
JYDog90
AG
There's some great ideas in this thread:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2562518
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
KellerAg98 said:

thisIsMyName said:

been eating my wife chickens. i'd like to mount it. any recommendations? in college station btw
Clip its nails first. Speaking from experience.
Is this bobcats or cougars?
AgLawman
AG
I'll second Bobby Merchant. He's the best small mammal taxidermist around these parts.
CTGilley
AG
candyland02 said:

Pics or it didn't happen.
4stringAg
AG
Still trying to figure out what is being mounted: chicken, wife, or bobcat...one has a *****, one is a *****, and the other lays eggs.
Aggieangler93
AG
LOL...wife chickens....that is so wrong what they would be into.....rhyming with rock....
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
BrazosDog02
AG
Hate to bring this thread back up, but I just got my bobcat on my game camera. So far, his MO seems to be kill chickens at first light, then come back the next morning early to retrieve the kill. They are closed up at night and their doors close at dusk and open at dawn. Today, he was actually out in plain daylight. He now has a routine and buffet.

I've lost:

3 ducks
4 chickens
a couple of young chicks

Last night he came around 4 times at 2am, 3am, 5am, and 7:45am. Two birds dead in the run.

Anyway, if I manage to kill this *******, what format do I take it to the taxidermist in? Do I have to clean it and just take the hide or do I take the entire animal as is for the taxidermist to do what he needs to do? What if I can't get it to him the same day?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Freeze him as is. No real reason to cape unless you don't have freezer space and then you likely have some unnecessary cuts that have to be sewed back by the taxidermist.
BrazosDog02
AG
Thanks. Makes my life easier.
EFE
AG
Toss the whole thing in a clean garbage sack and put it in the freezer before you haul it in.
BrazosDog02
AG
If I throw a couple of frozen chickens in there can he make some sort of action scene?
EFE
AG
I don't see why not. And this needs to be a thing now, you know that, right?
BrazosDog02
AG
Lol. It doesn't take much does it.
EFE
AG
I can't imagine it being too much. Probably somewhere between a duck and a quail? Hell the taxi would probably get a kick out of it and cut you a deal.
BrazosDog02
AG
I'm betting a flailing chicken does not produce the same dramatic effect as a graceful quail in flight.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.