Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lake Fork Guy has a brain tumor

26,789 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HockeyAg07
cheezag03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Always enjoyed his videos fishing with his wife in little creeks and rivers

FanofFall
Damn, I have enjoyed following his fishing trips lately and learned a lot from them as well. I hope he gets better soon.
kyledr04
AG
Terrible. Always liked his videos
A.G.S.
AG
T&P's.

Ran into him last summer at Gibbons, super chill guy, and didn't mind giving a bit of time to a fan.
lazuras_dc
AG
T&P
Texas 1836
AG
Dang, hate to hear it.

Prayers for him.
Hwy30East
That was a shock to see that video. Prayers for him.
BlueMiles
AG
For those who haven't had time to watch the video, he said it was benign, but he does not yet know what kind of treatment he will need.
Texas 1836
AG
BlueMiles said:

For those who haven't had time to watch the video, he said it was benign, but he does not yet know what kind of treatment he will need.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but although benign, it can still grow. Not a big deal in a lot of places. in your brain, it can be.
flashplayer
AG
Texas 1836 said:

BlueMiles said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but although benign, it can still grow. Not a big deal in a lot of places. in your brain, it can be.

Yep. Better than malignant, but "Nothing a little routine brain surgery won't fix!" said no one, ever. Hope he beats it.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Brain tumors, even if malignant, are highly treatable. The aggressive kinds, like the one John McCain is reported to have, are exceptions and of course secondary tumors indicating Stage IV (distant metastasis) from other organs are as well. In a lot of these cases the treatment doesn't involve chemo, which can wreck your quality of life and can kill you almost as easily as the cancer can. The other good thing is that treatments are evolving so fast they can't get quality 5 year survival rate studies. Within a year, they will have something better and put you on that.

At any rate, best wishes here.

Quote:

but "Nothing a little routine brain surgery won't fix!" said no one, ever.

Well, there's this one technique I'm aware of called cyber knife. Minimal invasion. I'm not sure if it applies here or to this type of tumor, but treatments are getting better every day. We're not yet at "take 2 aspirin ..." but who knows.
ursusguy
AG
Damn that sucks, and I wish him the best.

It was also sorta hard to watch. Back in September my fitness nut cousin went out for a jog. Came back and took a show. His wife heard a loud thud upstairs, and found him having a seizure. Off to the ER. There they found a egg sized tumor, with a finger trying to wrap around the brainstem. Surgery got a bunch of it, but there was some they couldn't get it all....stage 3 something that starts with a "g". So he is now going through radiation and chemo. Now the rough part. Something during the surgery triggered a pretty massive stroke. The cancer he is pretty well dealing with, he has likely reached the extent of recovery from the stroke. Unfortunately, he went from a very quickly rising doctor, living a pretty nice lifestyle, to 180 the other direction in 6 months.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
ursusguy said:

Damn that sucks, and I wish him the best.

It was also sorta hard to watch. Back in September my fitness nut cousin went out for a jog. Came back and took a show. His wife heard a loud thud upstairs, and found him having a seizure. Off to the ER. There they found a egg sized tumor, with a finger trying to wrap around the brainstem. Surgery got a bunch of it, but there was some they couldn't get it all....stage 3 something that starts with a "g". So he is now going through radiation and chemo. Now the rough part. Something during the surgery triggered a pretty massive stroke. The cancer he is pretty well dealing with, he has likely reached the extent of recovery from the stroke. Unfortunately, he went from a very quickly rising doctor, living a pretty nice lifestyle, to 180 the other direction in 6 months.

Likely a glioblastoma. Tough to treat. T&P's to your cousin and Justin.
agrams
AG
Tough to hear. Even benign, tumors can wreck havoc. About 5 years ago my uncle rolled over one morning and felt a lump on his stomach. Went in and found an 11kg benign tumor. They basically had to field dress him to get it out. And he wasn't a big guy to hide something that large (6'2", maybe 180-190).

I of course sent him a 'congrats on the baby' card in the hospital when he was recovering.
ursusguy
AG
That's it. Didn't feel like playing with Google last night. Thanks.

Apparently there is quite a bit of extra room in the braincase. Prior to the seizure, he never had any headaches or other common symptoms.
AggiePetro07
AG
Crap. Prayers for sure.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hope they find a successful treatment path for him. What is scary is how quickly your life can change with something like this. I had cancer 8 years ago, and I went from calling the doc 1st thing Monday morning to make an appointment to have something checked out, to laying on the operating table on Tuesday afternoon. Then radiation started a few weeks later. Just within an hour or two, you go from "hmmm, this seems a little off but is probably nothing" to staring down something that is extremely scary. Anyway, will be praying for him.
BaitShack
AG
I had a brain tumor removed at MD Anderson in April of 2016. It was benign.

The surgery was on Thursday and I went home on Sunday.

I lost all hearing and balance in one ear. I struggle with hearing, and fall down sometimes.
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
Lake Fork Guy is an Aggie right? Does he post on here?
Standing in prayer for full recovery.
Terk
AG
Yeah, Justin is an Ag. Won the title while he was here. I got to meet him a few years back, he's a great guy and has some awesome videos. One of the best on YouTube, IMO.

Praying for him and his family.
FiTxAg04
AG
About a year ago, I moved to a new area that gave me lake access and access to couple of wooded ponds. I decided I was going to take advantage of my new amenities and start fishing, which I had never before been big on. I hit up YouTube and bought some gear, went out and caught some fish and became obsessed with bass fishing. LFG is a big part of that. I've learned a lot from him. There's gotta be many more like me out there that he helped to turn on to the sport. Praying for a speedy and absolute recovery, as well as comfort for him and his family.
agcrock2005
AG
Bad timing to read this ***** Ha.

Heading in for brain surgery myself tomorrow morning. Wish mine was benign.
elnaco
AG
Thoughts and prayers to you my friend. Hoping for a successful surgery and recovery
Astrobo
AG
Thoughts and prayers agcrock. I pray everything will be fine for you.
Jack Squat 83
AG
Prayers to you brother, to win your battle. Hang tough.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
htxag09
AG
Texas 1836 said:

BlueMiles said:

Just to add a little positive energy to this, I had a benign brain tumor removed when I was 16. I was in the hospital for a week and couldn't do any contact sports for a year. That was the hardest part for me, I played baseball my whole life and suddenly had to sit out my entire Junior year. Anyways, only lingering side effects for me were migraines, which do suck.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Give it hell crock...
Duck Blind
AG
Crock... DON'T EVER LOSE HOPE OR GIVE UP. KICK ITS ASS. T&P for you and your family... GIVE IT HELL...
duddleysdraw88
AG
Prayers for LFG and for you Crock!
Texas 1836
AG
htxag09 said:

Texas 1836 said:

BlueMiles said:

Just to add a little positive energy to this, I had a benign brain tumor removed when I was 16. I was in the hospital for a week and couldn't do any contact sports for a year. That was the hardest part for me, I played baseball my whole life and suddenly had to sit out my entire Junior year. Anyways, only lingering side effects for me were migraines, which do suck.
That's good to hear that it worked out.

I only posted it because some people might think it was no big deal. He still needs the prayers, along with the others on this page.

2 people I've know for 20 years have had strokes in the past year, both in decent health and not even 50. Life can certainly make a quick turn.
BlueMiles
AG
I was not trying to belittle his situation.
BaitShack
AG
agcrock2005, forget about sleep tomorrow night, there will be someone in your room every 10-15 minutes. Be nice to your nurses. The catheter is a weird feeling, it's like you are constantly peeing. Get up and moving as soon as you can. Attitude is everything! Let us know how it goes.
BlueMiles
Texas 1836
AG
BlueMiles said:

I was not trying to belittle his situation.
I know blue. No offense intended.
BlueMiles
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.