Outdoors
Sponsored by

Tips on selling Airplane

3,097 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Good Bull Jones 17
Hville Havoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a little advice from informed Ags.

Father-in-law has a 2009 Jabiru J230 (2 seater) that he is unable to fly due to health issues located in Katy. It has relatively low hrs @ 300.

What would be your recommendation as the best way to sell the plane for him. I'm located in Austin.

Thank you for any input.
TX AG 88
AG
Hire a broker?

Or, there's an airplane version of Autotrader, too. Self-marketing might net you more $, if you price it right, but the former might get it sold faster and with less headaches.
CanyonAg77
AG
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/
AggieOO
take it Pawn Stars. They'll call a buddy to see what its worth. You'll get top dollar. One dollar.
CenterHillAg
AG
+1 for a broker. The LSA market can be rough, lots of tire kickers and low ballers is my impression from watching a buddy help his brother sell some planes. A good broker can wade through the muck and get a decent deal for you, not top dollar but a lot less stress on you.

I have no clue on his reputation, but I see ads for a broker out of West Houston airport named Woody Lesikar, he might be worth talking to.
Goose
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/

This.
texagdoc
AG
Also try posting on www.controller.com. That and trade-a-plane are the top websites. Do that before going the broker route as they take too much off the top.

Also, if you Google "AOPA Vref" you can input data to get a value of the plane. I'm not a broker but have bought and sold planes PM me if you have any questions.
fire09
AG
Go talk to Woody at IWS, I can't remember if he owns it or manages the airport. he can get it sold quickly if you need to move it, but he also gets a cut. LSA is a buyers market unfortunately, look at comps online to price it correctly. Or just learn to fly it and keep it.
OldArmyBrent
AG
fire09 said:

Or just learn to fly it and keep it.

I second this.
91AggieLawyer
AG
A buddy of mine does aircraft photography -- mostly for those seeking to sell their planes. If you want, I'll give you his contact info. He's in the DFW area but travels all over.
Hville Havoc
AG
Thanks all for the info.

Looks like a bit more research on my end. The broker may be the best route as the plane is in FIL friends hanger and viewings will be a pain.
wamvoss
Look into barnstormer.com. Also, there should be a lsa forum and maybe one just for this particular airplane. They usually have a classified section. The listings are usually free, but it may require several postings before you can list anything for sale to keep out spammers. The forum will also help in pricing.
reproag
AG
Post it on the autoboard
I will NEVER apologize for being American
Good Bull Jones 17
AG
Aircraft photography sounds like an extremely specific line of work. Does he do that full time?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.