Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 Hurricane Season

665,687 Views | 3704 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Swarely
Krussian09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just got a notice that dams would be lowered on the Colorado river sometime tomorrow. County and city officials are saying that Bay City may have 10ft of water in downtown after the river crests. This is bad bad news for folks that live on or near the Colorado.

schmellba99
AG
carpe vinum said:

Bugger.

The models on Ch2 are showing a draw of dry air into the low, moat of the rain is dying,on the upp half of the system. Contradicts what storm,chasers is showing.

Hope Ch2 is more accurate.
Aggie_3
schmellba99 said:

carpe vinum said:

Bugger.

The models on Ch2 are showing a draw of dry air into the low, moat of the rain is dying,on the upp half of the system. Contradicts what storm,chasers is showing.

Yes but ch2 isn't taking into account the system getting pushed back out to sea like it's already having done
carpe vinum
AG
schmellba99 said:

carpe vinum said:

Bugger.

me seven
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
carpe vinum
AG
Harvey is still throwing punches, but it sorta looks like he just fell apart.
If so, rest in pieces, you ****er.

https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
TheVarian
AG
Damn, that rat tail is ugly
p_bubel
That's crazy.
milkman00
AG
From TXDOT Twitter: Due to I-10 closure, tolls waived on SH 130 segments 1-4 and SH 45 SE until further notice. Use DriveTexas for road closures and detours.

Please leave early in the morning (or now) if you are in the mandatory evacuation areas.
Breggy Popup
AG
FYI anyone trying to get between 45 and 59 via North Grand Parkway...I just read a report that the West Fork San Jacinto River is over the 99 bridge. Be careful out there!
Post removed:
by user
lead
Krussian09 said:

We just got a notice that dams would be lowered on the Colorado river sometime tomorrow. County and city officials are saying that Bay City may have 10ft of water in downtown after the river crests. This is bad bad news for folks that live on or near the Colorado.

Nuts. We just got out with what we could pack up. We're fortunate to have somewhere to stay. May go back in the morning for the last car. Hard to fathom that much water.
45-70Ag
AG
Just saw the Brazos will be at 59 ft. Never has been that high. Damn.
Tailgate88
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
This makes me concerned about coming to Houston to help. That would make bridges kind of iffy imho.
07fta07
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

This makes me concerned about coming to Houston to help. That would make bridges kind of iffy imho.

Id stay out. Everyone wants to try to help (me included) but it's just not practical for most at this time. Give it a few days and there will be plenty of opportunity to help a lot of people.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Ya I would stay away as the situation may get worse. We could get a group together and go cook for the first responders. That would probably help a lot
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Any update from thirdcoast? Sorry if I keep missing it
SA Ag 91
AG
RE: third Coast

Think I saw he was landing 5:30pm on Tuesday in DFW and driving down to his family - in Kingwood - right?
mazzag
AG
Friendswood
hurricanejake02
AG
SA Ag 91 said:

RE: third Coast

Think I saw he was landing 5:30pm on Tuesday in DFW and driving down to his family - in Kingwood - right?

Friendswood. Third coast - lots of airboat and heli rescues in FW yesterday. 2351 looked like it was 4-5 ft deep at 518, yet Melody was less than ankle deep at Melodywood.

The area is nearly an island at this point - be careful. Please reach out if you need anything. Username at Gmail
MouthBQ98
AG
Big convoys of state LEO heading from Austin towards Houston.
fightingfarmer09
If you want to help here's my suggestion.

Stay put for now. We are going to have plenty of opportunities once we see where the rivers come out. We don't need assets and people trapped between rivers. Because trust me. NO BOAT will be crossing the Brazos or Colorado.

The entire population of Bay City has to evacuate by 1pm. Expecting 10' of water.
B-1 83
AG
Irish_Man said:

Just saw the Brazos will be at 59 ft. Never has been that high. Damn.
Thats within 2.5-3' from the top of the levee in Richmond.
Lonestar06
How's is your area holding out B1-83?
CenterHillAg
AG
We're in Wharton, planning to stay put unless they have a mandatory evac. We were high and dry when the river got to 48.3' last year, and the inundation mapping showed a much larger area flooded than what actually happened. Our house should be 1.5-2' above the water this time, with the inundation map showing us above the flooding again, and we have exit routes accessible if needed.
Canyon99
AG
Anyone know how things are near Garwood close to the Colorado? Also, any word on the Brazos near Orchard or the Riverwood Forest (Weston Lakes) development?
mazzag
AG
I know of guys leaving Bell County with a motor home, jet skis and tow trucks heading to Houston to help. I understand feeling helpless and wanting to do something but they should stay.
AggieChemist
AG
Hard to watch this from 1000+ miles away. I don't often tell people that I'm praying for them, because I'm usually not. I'm a big believer that most of the stuff people ask for prayers for is stuff they are equipped to handle themselves.

But I am honestly praying for all of y'all in the middle of this one.
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
Foxnews headline is they need boats.

I know many are suggesting say away, but man, the need for help is heavy.
CenterHillAg
AG
Drove through Garwood and Elm Grove yesterday afternoon, the FM going towards Rock Island was already shut down, but everything east of town was still open. I'd be willing to guess if it hasn't flooded east of town yet, it will in the next 12 hrs.
Eliminatus
AG
So it looks like Harvey lost a lot of it's steam, as expected of course once landfall was made, but maybe a little more than even most people were hoping for.

However, it is also fairly certain at this point that it is heading back into the GoM and no real telling how much strength, if any, it may get. Then back into Texas. From data I am looking at, we are in a lull for most of Texas. But as always with Harvey up to this point.....it isn't over yet.

B-1 83
AG
Lonestar06 said:

How's is your area holding out B1-83?
I almost feel bad saying how light we got off in N and NW Corpus. We never lost power. I unboarded and got all my tree limbs sawed up yeasterday. WalMart and HEB are open, but the shelves are bare due to folks in more highly impacted areas getting food and supplies - I'm ok with that. I understand people from Portland and Part A are making the drive to those stores and our Home Depot.

That eye passed within 35 miles of us, and I'm convinced that sudden uptick to CAT4 helped us as the storm center compacted for a while. I don't think we ever hit 80mph on the wind here.
Aggie_3
Yep just heard from a game warden buddy that told me to still come if I get that boat they need all the help they can get in Houston. That are asking that you stay out unless have large trucks and boats you are of no help to them.
Canyon99
AG
Thanks Centerhill. Stay safe and I hope the best for you and your family.
Lonestar06
Great news! My family lives around McKinzie and Leopard and the only damage is a fence down, but I was worried about flooding. Scary to think that thirty miles south and we would be in another situation. Glad your safe.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.