Outdoors
Sponsored by

All season feeders review

14,315 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SharkinAg
SharkinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys I'm getting another feeder and was looking at this one.

http://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/collections/stand-and-fill/products/600lb-standandfill-broadcast

I like the idea of not needing a ladder or having to mess with a winch. Plus it already has a cage built on it as we have coons all over the place. Anyone have any negative experiences with low feeders?

GSlice06
AG
I'm also interested in this discussion, been looking at one myself.
fishJones
AG
Bought one last year. Bad motor fried two timers so it didn't work for the entire season. Called All Season and they sent me a new motor and timer. Replaced both at the end of the season and haven't been back since. We'll see how she's running in early March.

Needless to say, not impressed.
zarbas77
AG
We started with 4 initially at our lease 2 years ago. This past year we added 8 more. I am the one that fills our feeders since I live closest to our lease. I go twice a month to fill them and these feeders are a life saver. I spend a lot less time than I used too getting the work done. We haven't had any issues with them structurally or with the timer, etc. The varmint cage keeps out the critters. We are replacing the other 4 this year.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bar X Ag
Bought 3 600s last year. Brother has 6 300 standard and have had very few to no issues. The stand and fill 600 is awesome from a filling standpoint as well as moving around. The cages are well built but a really agile squirrel can do some work.
Be wary of some of the motor/timer housings and small gaps towards the bottom of the door area that allow 'sideways' rain to enter the box (1 of my 3). The older style that have the elevated timer mounts would save you from any wicking water. Problem is some of the newer ones don't have the elevated mount and the water wicked its way up into the timer. Dead. We found something to set the timer on that won't allow the wicking scenario. They also have a known 'timer lockup' problem. Only happens on normal cycle throw so won't happen on test mode. When it locks up all time is erased and it does nothing from that point. Replaced with new timer and no problems since. Will continue to use as it's a great feeder. I know they'll fix their issues and my local dealer has been more than helpful.
SharkinAg
AG
Great to hear. Thanks guys
EFE
AG
If you ever need someone to open gates and and tote feed sacks once my season winds down, let me know
txaggie02
AG
Lamco >>>>>> ASF
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Interested as well. Anyone have a good recommendation on where to get one and who has the best deal?

Would pickup in Houston or anywhere off 1-10 to SA or off 90 to Sabinal or Uvalde
Bar X Ag
Premier Feeders in Brookshire.
Steinhausers Brookshire.
DrewAg27
Texas wildlife supply. Well made and reliable.
skelso
AG
I'm not a fan of All Seasons. Go with Lamco. Better quality, much better customer service.
SteveBott
AG
Check this one out. I can say after hauling one out of the field yesterday it's as solid as they come.

http://www.texaswildlifesupply.com/broadcast-feeders.html#PhotoSwipe1488214215926

Has an innovative spraying system that is very efficient and critter/hog proof.
Qfaced~ag
AG
We have 6 on our lease and so far, no significant issues. Only problem we've had is squirrels getting inside the cage and causing the timer/battery box to drop thus dropping a sh*t ton of corn. Easy fix was to put a rock or a couple of small pieces of 2X4 under the box. If there are cows on the property I'd put up a feeder pen or at the very least, stake them down. They are convenient if you need to move them around but have some shortcomings.
AllSeasonsZach
Hey Fishjones, Im sorry you weren't impressed with your ASF product. Unfortunately with electronics, some times (very rare) there are bad batches, and while we hate that happens, it is out of our control in times like that. However, we like to take care of our customers issues quickly to prevent them from having any down town in the field. Next time please alert us as soon as you have an issue and we will ship out new parts same day! Thank you for your business.
AllSeasonsZach
Zarbas77 - We appreciate you business!
tkusak
AG
I would go with Lamco no doubt.
AllSeasonsZach
Skelso, Sorry to hear that! Have you ever used our products? If so we would love to hear you feed back on them and why you are not a fan. As for our customer service, it is by far the best in the industry, and I can say that with confidence. We go through very extensive lengths to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied. Which is why you find me commenting on forums (like this one) and giving out my personal cell # so people can reach me at any time. I hope in the future you will give us the opportunity to prove just how awesome we are!
AllSeasonsZach
Thanks for your business Qfaced-ag! A simple fix to squirrel issues would be to add the eliminator spinner. You can find it on our website. It prevents them from spinning out any feed.
Sean98
AG
This isn't a marketing site. If you want to put your phone # on here so he can call you, more power to you. But digging up a 6 week old thread to make comments about how great you are may not go well on here.

...then again, posting your cell # might not either.
AllSeasonsZach
Sean98 - Sorry you took it as marketing, we aren't marketing, just following up with customers who have had any issues. We are a small business and I am the owner, so I like to stay on top of any issues that arise as I become aware of them. I just became aware of this forum today...but you can find me on a lot of forums replying to issues or positive feed back.
tx4guns
AG
Sean just doesn't like corn feeders. Pay him no attention..
barnag
We've had three 1000lb All Season protein feeders for 20+ years. They still look new and operate like new. Big fan here.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I didn't take it as marketing so I don't know what Sean's problems is.....oh wait yea I do. He basically ****s all over hunters that use rifles and corn feeders and if you don't have a bow with food plots than you are benneth him. GTFO your high horse and scroll through your endless amounts of trail cams.

Thanks for your products AllSeasonsZach. It's all I buy and so do all the other guys on the lease.
hillcountryag86
AG
Title says Review so...

Dealer here. Sell all their products. Have not had any issues. Satisfied customers and ASF very good to work with.
Sean98
AG
I think All season is a fine product and I don't care if you choose to hunt over a feeder, I've done it myself on many occasions. But could you imagine what this site would be like if owners/employers of every company that people ask about/complain/recommended were on here bumping old threads and commenting on every question? It would suck. I think this is a line that should be drawn and it had nothing to do with the brand or product.
fishJones
AG
New motor did the trick. Running like a champ now, and I can say that the customer service was excellent on getting the parts to me quickly at no cost.

All Seasons are the best feeders you can buy!

How's that for marketing Sean?
Brush Country
We just got approved to be an ASF dealer last week. Looking forward to working with them and selling their products.

And I'm not saying it's what I would or wouldn't do, but I'm glad to see zach cares enough to get on here and try to address the concerns.
EFE
AG
I, for one, welcome our new deer feeder overlords.
Watchful Ag
AG
Zach - it's sounds like you should provide a few of us sample products of your latest/biggest feeders. We'll give you honest feedback every February.
SharkinAg
AG
Hell of a bump lol. Thanks for the input. I went with the feeder in the link and have been happy so far. Now if it ****s the bed you're in trouble.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.