Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lone Star Law - Hey, I Know That Guy!

17,267 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ursusguy
FIDO 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To get you ready for tomorrow's premier, here is a radio interview from my brother about the show.

http://www.texasstandard.org/stories/texas-game-wardens-set-to-take-on-the-small-screen/
CharlieBrown17
AG
Mr. Dubi
I just couldn't resist
RockinU
Yeah...a little anti-climatic.
TresPuertas
AG
Good show. Enjoyed it
ursusguy
AG
I know 2 from that episode tolerably well.
FriscoCoon
AG
I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet, not sure if my buddy made it on this episode.
FriscoCoon
AG
Yeah, he made it, he was in the Hunt County part. He's a nut. I can't wait to give him Hell.
plowboy1065
S
I've known Mike Boone from the show for about 15 years. He's a great guy and respected for his work in SETX. FYI, he's the warden who investigated the whooping cranes that were killed last year
bushman
AG
Forgot it was airing, maybe they will replay the first episode. I know a lot of GW's, will be fun to see them in action. Hunt county is where I live, prolly Richards if I had to guess.
PorkEatingCrusader
quote:
Yeah, he made it, he was in the Hunt County part. He's a nut. I can't wait to give him Hell.
He even made mention of growing up in frisco. Assuming the Warden in the passenger seat is who you are referring too
ursusguy
AG
Yep
bushman
AG
Yeah, he Really enjoys his job. He has bounced around, and is most likely here til he retires. Had a run in with him, when he was a rookie, at the spillway at Cooper lake. We were falsely accused of shocking fish, and he went all Barney Fife on us. I was ready to call Austin, and talk to his boss, until his partner stepped in and settled him down. I explained to the lady who accused us, what I was going to do if we got arrested, and she decided that we weren't the ones she had seen after all.
Turf.Ag13
AG
I enjoyed it, similar to the other shows currently on. Couldn't be for certain but it looked like the female warden assisting with the alligator case had an Aggie ring on.
FriscoCoon
AG
Yes, I'm talking about the one from Frisco, he is currently the Fannin County GW, just helping out in Hunt.
FIDO 96
AG
Frisco...does your friend know my brother?
FriscoCoon
AG
Yes, they went to the Acadamy together.
aggie4231
AG
My old roommate was followed and filmed, but won't be making the cut for TV. They went with him while trying to serve a warrant, the perp wasnt at the location. So they aren't using his footage.

They should've filmed him on some of his other days. He's had some interesting stories having to deal with the residents of Orange County.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Just watched it and it was really goood!

Even living here and having been to all the places where they were filming (same general area), it still amazes me how diverse Texas is. I freaking love this state!

FIDO 96
AG
Brother front and center tonight.
ursusguy
AG
John Thorne on tonight was my Wildlife Techniques TA when I was in school. Periodically tracked turkeys for him on his graduate project.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Am about to watch it. The wife and I are addicted.
ursusguy
AG
Excellent episode.

Bit of a kick in the gut when Fraser started talking about Ty Patterson's drowning.
TecRecAg
AG
One of my best friends is cousins with Powell from the show
cplatt
I work with bob Powell, his brother, almost every day, so it's fun to have something else to give him a hard time about.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Finally caught up on the last episode. Wow... Thank you first responders! Forgot about how devastating those terrible Memorial Day floods last year were.

FIDO 96
AG
My brother was was in the last episode as well and worked the Wimberly floods. Grueling 36 hours.
Allen76
AG
quote:
Excellent episode.

Bit of a kick in the gut when Fraser started talking about Ty Patterson's drowning.
I don't get the channel to follow what you guys are talking about, but I am pretty sure I know Fraser, and remember the incident. Fraser is from Castroville (or near there), I remember him in youth baseball. He probably would not know me, but I coached other kids his age.
Serious Lee
neat show. probly shouldnt be, but always surprised to see how much trash (people) we have in this state.
ursusguy
AG
Here is the Ty Patterson incident.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20070531a
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
neat show. probly shouldnt be, but always surprised to see how much trash (people) we have in this state.
The whole lying to the officer when you are on a boat about licenses and who caught what along with keeping of illegal and too many fish off the jetties is so typical. Most of these officers are willing to give you a break and those stupid people just keep digging the hole deeper. Over what? Some damn fillets?

They have way more patience than I ever would have.
Serious Lee
i agree, and its funny to see them caught in a lie. my favorite was the dumbass bragging about his alligator kill on facebook. My anger was mainly over the people poaching, especially the one spotlighting deer.

This might sound hypocritical, but i was equally angered when the guy was ticketed for selling turtles. I, along with everybody else i know with a private pond, will shoot turtles with prejudice until the day i die. but its only threatening when you decide to sell them?

ttha_aggie_09
AG
I guess your question is why is it illegal???

From what I gathered on the episode, it is illegal to possess or sell alligator snapping turtles in the state of TX. They are a protected species, here.

Shooting red-ear sliders and soft shells off your pond is totally different than killing a protected species... Unless you've been shooting alligator snappers, which is not likely.

I have no problem with that law
FIDO 96
AG
That was my brother and I'm sure I can get the official ruling if I texted him, but I recall a comment about the inherit legality of individuals taking state / public property and selling it for personal profit. Imagine if it were legal to sell game fish for profit. Every Asian restaurant in Texas would serve black bass (and not have to lie and say it's farm raised trout).

ursusguy
AG
This is the answer.

And yes, there has been a major issue related to Asian markets and collecting turtles.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.