Outdoors
Sponsored by

Boyscout Thread

11,007 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Swarely
JPTC08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are you referring to old Gene Snell?
ursusguy
AG
Bob Ricklefs---Unit 20...not 41. I liked Gene Schnell pretty well, but oddly enough I didn't interact with him all that much. I was a Unit 41 follower when it came to Health Lodge patients.
hopeandrealchange
Troop 640 Houston
Eagle
O.A.
Buffalo river 50 mile award 5 times.
Assistant Scout master.

Blue lodge
Scottish Rite
Shriners.
eric76
AG
I was a Boy Scout in Gruver. For the most part, nobody in my troop cared much about merit badges -- we were there to hike and camp. Also, in the summertime the weekly meetings were especially welcome -- other than church it would often be the only time we got off the farm and see anyone else the whole week.
moo
AG
Troop 93 - Alice, TX

Eagle Scout
OA - Brotherhood - Karankawa Lodge

Father and Grandfather (his dad) are also Eagles.

Best memory was the Boundary Waters canoe trip with my Dad (who also did it with his Dad). Out troop also spent every Thanksgiving for about 8 years backpacking all over Big Bend which was always a blast. Didn't get to do Philmont as our troop leaders couldn't meet the weight requirements - whoops.

With two boys of my own now, I can't wait to carry on the tradition.
MemphisAg1
AG
Dad was a Scoutmaster.

Only made it to 2nd class myself (not very focused at that point in life).

All three sons are Eagle Scouts.

Been to Philmont twice and SW Colorado once, backpacking with each of my sons and their crew.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Eagle Scout and OA Arrowman - Troop 362 - Greenville, Texas

Florida High Sea adventure base was awesome. Incredible men lead our troop.

My real joy is now being Asst Scoutmaster for my son's Troop, 383 in Bryan, Texas. He just earned Life Scout. We fly out to the Bahamas Seabase in June.

My middle son is a Wolf Scout in Pack 383 in Bryan. My youngest son is chomping at the bit for Tiger Cubs next year.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
bkag9824
AG
Troop 211
Eagle, Brotherhood

"Home base" for summer camp was Cima. What group of goofy kids thinks the highlight of their culinary experience in Texas heat after running up Appetite Hill should be whole milk? Our entire troop couldn't get enough of that bagged milk.

We alternated years going there and new places. First summer camp was Karankawa, and I'm fairly certain that was the first time I had been properly introduced to our state bird, the mosquito. Hit NE Texas one year (can't remember the name of that place), a spot in Colorado as well.

Did Philmont in 1999, didn't go to any other High Adventure destinations due to other responsibilities in the summer. But our troop regularly went to Laguna Madre, Philmont, and Boundary Waters.

Great times.
hopeandrealchange

hopeandrealchange
quote:
Troop 211
Eagle, Brotherhood

"Home base" for summer camp was Cima. What group of goofy kids thinks the highlight of their culinary experience in Texas heat after running up Appetite Hill should be whole milk? Our entire troop couldn't get enough of that bagged milk.

We alternated years going there and new places. First summer camp was Karankawa, and I'm fairly certain that was the first time I had been properly introduced to our state bird, the mosquito. Hit NE Texas one year (can't remember the name of that place), a spot in Colorado as well.

Did Philmont in 1999, didn't go to any other High Adventure destinations due to other responsibilities in the summer. But our troop regularly went to Laguna Madre, Philmont, and Boundary Waters.

Great times.
quote:
I have not thought of that Milk in years. Your post brought back great memories. I was raised on powered milk. and That really cold whole milk after that hike on the trail was a real treat for a young knucklehead.
ccard257
AG
-Eagle Scout
-Vigil/lodge cheif
-Troop 5, Norwella Council, LA
-Favorite Merit Badge: shotgun
-Least Favorite: dont recall
- 2 philmont treks, kanik, rayado as a youth
-2 summers as a philmont ranger

-future ranger miniccard257 told his first bell story on sunday

ursusguy
Swarely
Eagle Scout out of Troop 80 in Mission, TX
Home camp was Camp Perry, just outside of Rio Hondo, TX
Spent one summer there as a camper, one on staff.
Managed to do all three National High Adventure bases. Philmont once as a camper, once as an adviser.

Vigil honor in Wewonoma 272
3 time Vice-Chief
Acting Chief at NOAC 2002
Allowat Sakima at ceremonies

Favorite merit badge: Beekeeping
Least favorite: Personal Management

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.