Outdoors
Sponsored by

Clearing cedar

35,060 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BackYardSiteworks.com
buzzardb267
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought a pair of the leveraged clippers and they will cut through a lot more than the old style, with ease. But I agree with Sean, 2" is about max. Let us know if you use the weed eater saw thingy and how it works. I have a pole saw attachment for mine and used that to cut the 10' tall sun flowers I had when I got home this summer.

I looked up the beaver blade, and it is expensive, but you can sharpen it. The saw blades I saw are one and done it appears.
MouthBQ98
AG
Eastern juniper or western juniper? No cedar grows inTexas.
homann2001
AG
Ribeye,
Who did you use, need to get 4-5 acres cleared and need some names for bids.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
Homann,

I used R.O.W. Contracting, which is now a part of ChemWeed, and calls itself CWC Right of Way.

rowcontracting.com/services

chemweed.com/right-of-way-clearing-and-maintenance/

They work all over Texas, and have several regional offices.

Since their main customers are the pipeline and utility companies, I just scheduled my 1-day job to tag on to the end of one of jobs they had planned in my area, which is Central Texas. That means I waited about 120 days, but then I didn't have to pick up the charges to transport the beast.

http://chemweed.com/wp-content/uploads/services-equip-three.jpg

If you do hire one of the big machines, get yourself a bushel of popcorn and enjoy the show. Talk about a Wrecking Crew!

But, I'm told that I'm easily amused.
jpistolero02
I had a ton on our two acres when we moved in. I had a guy come out and quote me $2600. He could tell that wasn't going to work and asked if I would just keep two of his guys busy for the day and pay them $100 each. Me and one of the guys had saws and the other one drug. I then had another group come out and chip them for $300.
VictoriaAg96
One acre with your size trees should take 4 hours or less. At $100 dollars an hour plus travel ($3 per mile) you should be able to do it a lot less. Contact Sonoralandservices.com
BackYardSiteworks.com
We cut them flush and haul off some people grind the stumps
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.