Outdoors
Sponsored by

Take your Yeti Tumblers and give 'em away or toss 'em.

27,896 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sean98
Terk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Engel steps into the game...

With an actual closing & insulated lid. Coffee drinkers and clumsy people rejoice!
AgEng06
AG
That's it? No pics, no link, NOTHING?!?

Oh nooooww you add the pics...

Thanks.
BrazosDog02
AG
The name will only carry your business so far...sooner or later, function HAS to come into play. Yeti better start stepping up their game or they will be the Blu Blocker of the cooler world.

Here's a link.

http://www.engelcoolers.com/new/30oz-vacuum-insulated-tumbler

Post removed:
by user
AgEng06
AG
Noticed that too
OldCamp
Yeti customer service sucks so Im glad there is an alternative.
JYDog90
AG
Just ordered one for my wife for stocking stuffer.
bdgol07
AG
More than 4 letters in the name?

WOULD NOT BUY!!
AG
Does it come with a sticker for my brodozer?

Are trucker hats available? Flat brims only.
att hello
quote:

Our family ordered a bunch of Yeti coolers with the family business branded on the lid. All the coolers worked great, but mine really sucked. I pre-cooled it for three days before our trip, put it inside the A/C of an SUV and headed to the coast. Again, pre-cooled, stored inside a cooled vehicle for a few hours and then inside of our condo -- the ice was melted in under 24 hours.

I contacted Yeti and they asked me to send pictures to them. Once I sent them the pictures, I had a new seal in less that 48 hours.

My Yeti Rambler seal started flaking off into my drink and I contacted Yeti about that. While this did take a lot longer than my ice chest seal (they said it was back ordered) they did send me two new lids.
Juicyfan
One question. Can if wash it in the dish washer?
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
Can if wash it in the dish washer?

schmellba99
AG
quote:
One question. Can if wash it in the dish washer?
Of course the missus can wash it in the sink. What kind of question is that?
Juicyfan
Auto correct sucks!
shiftyandquick
When I was a kid, we called this a "thermos."
tlh3842
AG
quote:

Not true at all. I've only heard great things about their customer service, and they were awesome a couple months ago when I exchanged a cooler.
OldCamp
quote:

Not true at all. I've only heard great things about their customer service, and they were awesome a couple months ago when I exchanged a cooler.
I can assure you that it is true from my experience.
However, Im going to reach out to them again and see if they can return a call and / or an email. Maybe they were having a bad month last time I tried.
JYDog90
AG
Just got my Engel 30 oz in the mail today. It looks great and sturdy! Wish I'd bought one for myself as well.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Company has a bunch of the big boss mugs with our logo on them and they are awesome.

Did a side by side with yeti and it was nearly identical in maintaining ice. Works great for me!
OldCamp
quote:
However, Im going to reach out to them again and see if they can return a call and / or an email. Maybe they were having a bad month last time I tried.
Since this thread has been bumped I'll just provide an update to my last comment.
Since posting the above on 11/16 I have called Yeti half a dozen times, sent 3 emails, and evetnually reached through to the customer service rep. I was told a replacement was going to be sent to me on 11/20, but nothing has been sent. I'll have to keep calling and emailing.
I stand by my original comment that this company has aweful customer service not worthy of their pricing
Dro07
AG
What's wrong with ur wife?
Juicyfan
I have asked myself that same question!

Even the perfect woman has some imperfections.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
I got an email that RTIC now sells them as well.
Caliber
AG
My Engel showed up yesterday. Looks like great quality and I like the lid much better than the Yeti's, although yeti is supposed to be releasing new lids in the spring.
BrazosDog02
AG
Before long, you all will be able to buy these things for what they are worth.

Get ready for your Yeti 36oz....on sale for 9.99 for a limited time only! We are about the see economics in action, kids.
highvelocity
AG
i could read Yeti vs. Competitor xyz threads all day
HumbleAg04
AG
Yeti is the Apple of their market. Yes competitors will make better, smarter, and more cost effective products, but people will continue to flock to Yeti. They've essentially created the market and have established a level of "prestige" in owning their products. People will continue to line up and buy it just like the new Iphone.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Ehhh... Maybe. But Apple does a good job at actually differentiating itself, or at least they did at first, by implementing proprietary software and technology that was user friendly and way ahead of the competition.

The Yeti is similar in that they were the first to the market but that's where this comparison ends. The technology is no longer any better than anyone else and all they have to differentiate is brand loyalty.

Apples to oranges if you ask me...
rrtodds
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Ehhh... Maybe. But Apple does a good job at actually differentiating itself, or at least they did at first, by implementing proprietary software and technology that was user friendly and way ahead of the competition.

The Yeti is similar in that they were the first to the market but that's where this comparison ends. The technology is no longer any better than anyone else and all they have to differentiate is brand loyalty.

Apples to oranges if you ask me...
agreed
HumbleAg04
AG
Apple innovated and changed the phone market. Everything they've done since has been driven by brand loyalty. There are better software and hardware options out there but we continue to flock to them.

I see a lot of similarity between the situations with the sole difference is Yeti isn't trying to screw their customers the entire time. Apple sells phones with known failures (Hello 5c) batteries with a short life to force replacement, frequently change their charging / accessory plugs, and is now eliminating 3.5mm jacks on their new products to make people buy their proprietary headphones.

You are right... For Yeti and Apple to be similar Yeti would also have to sell special ice that only works in their coolers....

For the record I have an iPhone. I hate the company but still buy their damn phones.
Fighting Texas Aggie
I keep buying apple products because they have great customer service. Over the years I've gotten 2 replacement phones and they replaced the keyboard on a 4 year old laptop. My last 2 iPhone upgrades only cost me $10 because they bought back my old phone.

When Yeti's have issues and they start telling customers to pound sand, they will.
JYDog90
AG
For some reason, probably brand loyalty, I don't trust a lot of phone companies that come out with all these special features over and above Apple iPhones.

I view them the same way LG appliances. They may be ok quality, but if you're trying to sell me an LED tv in my fridge to watch while I'm getting my ice water, I'm suspicious.

I bumped this thread because I bought an Engel tumbler. There's a decent chance that my wife will not like the cup or feel shortchanged because I have a yeti and hers is an Engel. I get that. Part of me hopes she does so I can buy her the Yeti and I can keep the Engel.
tlh3842
AG
quote:
Not true.
JYDog90
AG
So I went online to buy a couple more of those Engel 30oz tumblers and they said they're out of stock.

What is it with these companies like Yeti, RTIC, Engel? How can they not keep stock?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.