Outdoors
Sponsored by

Property line fence dispute

7,509 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by eric76
OhAggie98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Update:

My sister talked with an attorney friend of hers and was told that the fence had to be in place for 25 years without dispute. Before we could write a certified letter and/our talk to the neighbor again, he already had workers digging up the old fence posts and moving the fence back to the surveyed property line. We don't know if he talked to an attorney who told him the same thing or what. In the end, it all worked out well.
Centerpole90
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
Think about it. When the fence post needs to be replaced, how do you remove the concrete base? I hope you have a tractor with a lift and some way to use that lift to pull the concrete straight up out of the ground.
Honestly all it takes is one Mexican dude with a shovel.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Think about it. When the fence post needs to be replaced, how do you remove the concrete base? I hope you have a tractor with a lift and some way to use that lift to pull the concrete straight up out of the ground.
A length of chain and a high lift jack and they usually pop out in a few minutes.
OhAggie98
AG
Turns out the concrete they set the posts in was only covering about the first 4" of the post at the top of the soil. It seemed like it was poor concrete, as it broke up pretty easily and separated from the posts cleanly.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
quote:
A length of chain and a high lift jack and they usually pop out in a few minutes.
Don't forget to add water!
eric76
AG
quote:
Update:

My sister talked with an attorney friend of hers and was told that the fence had to be in place for 25 years without dispute. Before we could write a certified letter and/our talk to the neighbor again, he already had workers digging up the old fence posts and moving the fence back to the surveyed property line. We don't know if he talked to an attorney who told him the same thing or what. In the end, it all worked out well.
So how did they handle the trees in the fence line?

Wrap the fence around the trees? Run the fence between the trees?
OhAggie98
AG
Turns out the trees were completely on our property when a string was pulled between the markers. So the fence is on the other side of the trees.
eric76
AG
quote:
Turns out the trees were completely on our property when a string was pulled between the markers. So the fence is on the other side of the trees.
That makes it much simpler, then.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.