Outdoors
Sponsored by

Dog Run Remodel Update

6,051 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EskimoJoe
Yuccadoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After 16 months of Oil and Gas activity in the Eagleford shale, I am back to wrapping up my Dog Run remodel. Should be finished with remodel in 3-4 weeks and then I am going to put it on the market with 10 acres of land that includes a really beautiful view through the woods to a creek behind it. It is about 10 minutes west of main campus:

drummer0415
AG
that is a beautiful house. why is it called "Dog Run"?
Poeag
AG
always thought a dog run was when there was space in between the house (divided in 2 parts) where you could catch a breeze and it was called a dog run because typically the dog would lie there because coolest part of the house
OnlyForNow
AG
Yucca,

I don't think that door is ADA compliant!

But kick ass fix-up man.
water turkey
Little part is the sleeping quarters. Meals and visiting in the main house. The little covered walk way is the "dog run".

Looks great.
Terk
AG
Excellent work as always!
AggieChemist
Log
AG
Will it come with the Porch Goat?
Yuccadoo
The dog run (in this house) is from the double door entry on the front porch through the house but terminates in the back breezeway with the jalousie windows (I.E., the run is enclosed). The original dog run design was two quarters under one roof seperated by a center porch (separating the two rooms) where the dog could sit in the shade and facing south to north for breezes to pass through.

[This message has been edited by Yuccadoo (edited 3/12/2013 5:05p).]
cplatt
I always love these threads that I completely forget about and then get updated.
gwellis
AG
Looks Great!

Gil '91
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Curious how much you'll be listing it for.
Yuccadoo
I'll link to realtor when we get finished. We are still trying to assess the market for something this unusual....my remodel included heavy insulation, radiant barrier under new metal galvalume roofing, etc. The utilities are spectacularly reasonable. Better than I was hoping for!
jpc08
AG
Wow, that looks amazing! Would you mind linking the old thread so we can see the before/after?
Yuccadoo
I tried to find it using search function....I was not successful. With some effort, I tracked down this photo of the house after we cleared away all of the bamboo that surrounded the place:

jpc08
AG
Took a little digging but I finally found it.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=34&topic_id=1650774&page=1&nomobile=1
Log
AG
Porch goat.
rather be fishing
AG
This is what I want to own some day. Our 1965 ranch isn't quite old enough for me.

House looks great. Would love to see some interior shots.

[This message has been edited by adpotts (edited 3/13/2013 12:36a).]
Yuccadoo
Older shots of interior:

shiftyandquick
First bid. Not going to start with a joke bid of $1. So I'm bidding $501.
drummer0415
AG
I bid whatever the next lowest bid increment is.
Canyon99
Very nice

[This message has been edited by canyon99 (edited 3/13/2013 11:10a).]
Canyon99
Can I stay there the weekend of the alabama game this fall if it has not sold?
IslandAg76
AG
You have done some real magic on this place!

If you are going to sell, wife and I might have some real interest.
Have been considering a place in College Station as getaway, game weekends, family gatherings, etc and as a transition into "not too distant" retirement.

Would love to discuss email ktdgal@comcast.net

Thanks
rock08
AG
Ttt
Yuccadoo
Somewhat bittersweet day today but I closed on the sale of this house and property. Lots of personal heart and soul were invested and I had the former owner that co-built the original house and lived there for 20 years come up to see it before closing....it made him very happy to see the house was 'saved', finally 'completed', and the spirit of it and the surrounding area preserved. I can now concentrate more on my own house and grounds to achieve the goals I set 10 years ago for them.
Yuccadoo
Yuccadoo
Rumors of my demise have been exaggerated. I've been crazy busy with many projects but am going to take a little breather in August and put a few shots of what has been going on lately out here on the ranch.
normaleagle05
AG
I thought this had been the dreaded 48 month double post. But I'm glad to hear yucca is alive and kicking!
RogueAg
AG
That house screams horror movie.

Still... Nice place.
shiftyandquick
Yuccadoo said:

Rumors of my demise have been exaggerated. I've been crazy busy with many projects but am going to take a little breather in August and put a few shots of what has been going on lately out here on the ranch.
Yuccadoo hasn't posted since this. Not that I'm starting any rumors.
EskimoJoe
shiftyandquick said:

Yuccadoo said:

Yuccadoo hasn't posted since this. Not that I'm starting any rumors.

Timely thread bump. I was just thinking about him the other day and all his neat projects. I really enjoyed his posts.

Would anyone have any contact with him outside of here? It is strange how he disappeared.
Buck Compton
AG
Still alive and kicking.

Not going to put personal info on here, but can confirm he's still around, just not on TexAgs I guess.
EskimoJoe
Buck Compton said:

Still alive and kicking.

Not going to put personal info on here, but can confirm he's still around, just not on TexAgs I guess.

thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.