Outdoors
Sponsored by

Know your snakes

47,780 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DatTallArchitect
12f Mane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dr_boogs said:

12f - you are a terrific part of this community - glad you're here hope you stay around a long time. You totally changed my view on snakes over the past few years. Learned a ton and you're always willing to help. Photos you post are top notch. You're the Caladan of snakes. Or maybe he's the 12fmane of binos. I'm not sure.
Thanks, that's great to hear.
HSEAG13
12f mane, wife called me yesterday screaming about a snake in the house. I'm up here in the panhandle and instinctively think it's a prairie rattler. Come home from work and it turns out it's a garder snake that my wife didn't keep track of and now it's loose in the house somewhere very much alive. What can I do besides burning down the house for a nonvenomous snake?
zooguy96
AG
It's probably hiding under something. Clothes hampers, boxes, under sinks, places like that.

Ask me how I know.

Had a corn snake get loose when I was single. Found him by sprinkling flour on the floor and following the tracks he left the next morning. Found another in a clothes hamper a different time.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
76Ag
AG
When my wife sees any snake near the house she starts looking up realtors. I told her that we are in Texas and that here are probably many snakes around that we never see. She wants every snake dead and quotes a Bible verse that smart women hate snakes. I'm not going to argue with her because I won't win.
12f Mane
AG
Wait until dark and walk around with a flashlight
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
12f Mane said:

Wait until dark and walk around with a flashlight
You forgot to add about carrying a small collar with a bell on it to put on the snek when you find it. Then you will always know where the snek will be.
DatTallArchitect
AG
AggieKO said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but can someone identify this snake?
Could have posted in the snake thread stickied up top.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.