Outdoors
Sponsored by

Anyone have experience with a IWI Jericho 941 aka Baby Eagle?

6,368 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by MWTrowbridge
Sensei John Kreese
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got to shoot a buddy's recently and really enjoyed it for the 50 rounds I put through it. Does anyone own one or have extended time with one because I'm getting the itch to buy soon.
NRH ag 10
AG
Buy a CZ75b instead. The jericho is a copy with a stupid safety location and impossible to find holsters.
Sensei John Kreese
Understandable. How did it function for you, though?
theJonatron
AG
I have a Cherokee Bul, Compact.

Believe Cherokee Bul is owned by a company owned by Magnum Research. It's a great gun, but seriously impossible to find holsters and magazines.

It took me a month to find a paddle holster and it was $60.

I bought the gun because it was on clearance at academy for 375. I'd buy it all over again it's a great gun
NRH ag 10
AG
I didn't buy one for the reasons listed. I did own a CZ75b, which was a fine pistol. I prefer other designs for carry.
JAW3336
AG
I have the 941 and love it. It is the first gun I owned, my girlfriend gave it to me for my birthday many years ago.

I will probably buy another one in the future.

[This message has been edited by JAW3336 (edited 2/25/2012 9:27p).]
JAW3336
AG
What's wrong with the safety location?
JAW3336
AG

[This message has been edited by JAW3336 (edited 2/25/2012 9:33p).]
NRH ag 10
AG
The ones I have seen always had a slide mounted safety, I was unaware there were models with a frame safety.

Slide mounted safeties are easy to re-engage while racking the slide and are less intuitive that frame safeties.
JAW3336
AG
Just curious, I like the slide mounted safety on mine, but that is probably because it was my first semi and what I learned on.
NRH ag 10
AG
They can certainly be used effectively (see: Beretta 92/M9), but when the original is readily available, has more/better holster/part availability, and has a more ergonomic safety location, why not go with that option?
JAW3336
AG
is the Desert Eagle the original?
NRH ag 10
AG
No, the CZ75b is the design the Jericho is based off of.

aggiebear69
AG
You are right about the safety....Bianchi has a holster...and it is not a concealed carry weapon

However the Israeli Army has had good service with the weapon...I have a .45 Jericho...it shoots real good out of the box (e.g. accurate and no mods/tuneups required)...better than any Colt, Beretta, or S&W I have owned...it is sitting in my truck right now...I have tried to sell it a couple of times for the reasons the he other poster cited...then I shoot it and continue to use it as a truck/ranch/deer lease gun....I tell people it is a pistol so tough you can drive t-posts with it! Unless you want it for CC you won't be unhappy with it...I've had mine for nearly 10 years and have found it to be better finished than the CZ's of the same manufacture date...and I like CZ's
Sensei John Kreese
I do not plan to use it for cc. I have an open slot in my gun safe that needs to be filled.
WC87
AG
I have one, the polymer semi-compact in 9mm, holds 16+1. Very sweet shooting pistol. I found an IWB holster on eBay, but as others have said there aren't many holsters out there for it. Slide mounted safety doesn't bother me a bit; had a Browning Hi Power with that style safety so am used to it.

The gun is very accurate - mine has polygonal rifling. Not sure about the newer models (bought mine at Champions in 2008). I think it's a hidden gem in the pistol world, you won't find many bad reviews on the weapon.

As others have said the action is a copy of the CZ75. The gun itself has no linkage other than name to the Desert Eagle. Magnum Research just wanted to capitalize on the name and marketed it as the Baby Eagle. It's very similar to Tanfolio made EAA Witness, but it is a better gun than the Witness.

[This message has been edited by WC87 (edited 2/27/2012 10:46a).]
Picadillo
Couple of guys I know have them and love them....say they are the best / most accurate guns they have. One has an extensive collection of all types....1911, some pricey. Knowing what he has in his collection, I found his statement very telling about his Jericho.
Sensei John Kreese
Got my IMI in yesterday. Put Hogue grips on it. Hope to make a trip to the farm to shoot this weekend.

[This message has been edited by Sensei John Kreese (edited 3/2/2012 5:19p).]
aggiegator10
Beautiful! I want a 941 so bad.
njw92
AG
I have a baby desert eagle (full frame) in 40 S&W. Love it.
MWTrowbridge
I've had mine for 5 years now. It's just like the one above (all metal). I CC it often. It is very reliable and one of the best 9mm's I've ever had. A couple times I've considered trading it for a 92F but have talked myself out of it.

Bottom line, it's a great pistol! The safety location never bothered me but then again, I cary it with the saftery off.

~Michael
Sensei John Kreese
Michael,

Where do you carry and what type of holster do you use?
MWTrowbridge
The small of my back. I'll have to look at the holster when I get off to give you the brand. It's a ITWB all leather at a slight right hand angle. I can carry it wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt. It is a bit to heavy to carry wearing shorts w/o a belt.
I know the holster was designed for a Taurus 24/7 but it fits perfect.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.