Outdoors
Sponsored by

Power Line Easement Advice ASAP

10,521 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Todd 02
rhomulus bonham
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.unl.edu/museum/research/entomology/endanger.htm

I guess they aren't in texas, we had them in southeast oklahoma out by Atoka. Not sure what list they are (i didn't see them on the list you provided) but i can guarantee they are on a list somewhere. We were finally able to appease fish and wildlife by "luring" the beetles off our ROW. That was after two striaght years of battling over fines and the expiration dates of the surveys.
ursusguy
AG
In North Central Texas, you are going to be pretty much out of luck trying to go the T&E route. Most of the species of interest were pretty well knocked by the 1920's.
OnlyForNow
AG
red wolf, eskimo curlew, etc. those are jokes urs and sadly whatever moron leaves those on the list every year it's updated should be fired and any biological degree they have should be stripped. (this is just a vent and an opinion because of all the crap that people and companies have to go through for projects that might impact these critters habitat...)

[This message has been edited by OnlyForNow (edited 4/28/2011 11:09a).]
OnlyForNow
AG
rhomulus might have a point.

Rhomulus, please find out exctaly what beetle this is and please post it here. (scientific name)

Log when this occurs, contact the TAMU entomology collection museum on campus and ask to speak nwith Mr. Ed Riley, Ed is a great guy and loves beetles. Ask Ed if he has any of these guys in the collection or if he could check, and if so ask him where they were collected.

If nothign is there your best bet is to try to find them there and then make an estblaishment record. If you want to go this route let me know. I'm not only an ecologist i'm also an entomolgist.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
I farm close to Denton and would have been affected by these lines for miles so you're "hippy" accusations annoy me.

That being said, when this was proposed, meetings were packed around here(Celina). A meeting in a northern area barely had people there. Seems to me this area was more vocal and on the ball.
Log
AG
Please see my previous comments quantifying the "hippies".

quote:
A meeting in a northern area barely had people there. Seems to me this area was more vocal and on the ball.

I'll defer to my uncles take on the situation; watch to the end for the hippies:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/business/Oncor-court-decesion-could-affect-all-customers-117425148.html
txaggiefarmer05
AG
So they interview two random people on the street that had nothing to do with the process and you typecast people.

I had family go to Austin and testify(not members or in cahoots with the GB Alliance)

These lines suck for whoever gets stuck with them, I know firsthand because we have Nat Gas pipelines running through some of our land, yet they don't benefit us in any way and hamper our future value. I was just irritated at how everyone was typecast as "hippie dumbasses" in your first post, and have since read a little farther.
Todd 02
AG
Log is good people. Cut him some slack for his loose tongue. He is equally as pissed as I'm sure you or I would be.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.