Outdoors
Sponsored by

Taxidermy Prices? - Redfish

10,298 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by duckguide1
2001AggieDJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I caught my first redfish this morning and she's a beauty. I'm considering getting it mounted, but $18 an inch seems expensive. Any thoughts/recommendations for getting a fish mounted on a budget. I'm in B/CS, but I travel to DFW / Austin / Houston quite a bit.

Thanks
tx4guns
AG
You get what you pay for and that's not a bad rate. Fiberglass recreations are usually over $20 per inch.
Post removed:
by user
Campfire Soul
duckguide1 does taxidermy... he's done a few taxidermy pic of the day threads recently. Shouldn't be hard to find his contact info... i'm sure he'd be fair to a fellow texags poster
duckguide1

Here is a quick slide show of some of my work. You can ship it no problem and we ship hundreds of mounts every year. 361-244-2510

[/URL]
duckguide1
1/fish%20taxidermy/DSC01118.jpg">
AgeofEase08
AG
I have been wanting to get my red taxidermied for a while now. Since its a big'un,ive post-poned getting it put on the wall until i have some extra change lying around. I was wondering how much it would cost to get it done too. If you find someone, let me know.

Duckguide: what do you charge? Aggie/texags price?

[This message has been edited by AgeofEase08 (edited 6/16/2010 5:11p).]
dmichalk
+1 for Creative feathers. He does an excellent job, works by himself to ensure quality and truly considers what he does an art, not just a money maker. GREAT guy to talk to as well. Worth EVERY penny you'll pay! Good luck!
txaggie02
AG
I had a 36" steelhead trout and 35.5" redfish done at Advanced Taxidermy and both turned out awesome. I saw them at the Dallas Safaris Club show, but they are located in Canada. I would go back to them in a heartbeat.

http://www.advancedtaxidermy.com/fish-repro.html
duckguide1
send me an email at aransaswildlife@cableone.net

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.