Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hanging Duck Mount

13,930 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by AgLandMan
Harman Rabb Jr.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for a photo of a hanging duck mount, where multiple ducks are mounted upside down attached to either a leather strap or piece of wood. I've seen it a couple of times in hunting lodges but can't find it on google. Anybody have any photos or even know what I'm talking about?
Agm2be
Search dead duck mount on google images... I don't know how to post links but that gets what you want
AgLandMan
AG

Terk
AG

or

Terk
AG

^
|
|
|
|

THIS looks amazing!!
AgLandMan
AG
yeah go that website on the pic. This guy's work can't be beat anywhere in the U.S. He is priced around $300 but that's about right for the top guys. You can mail in your bird to him. All the instructions are on his site. I have done several and it's simply outstanding everytime.
Phantom309
AG
There's that great John Cowan painting of the hanging wood duck. I always wanted to get a wood duck mounted like that.
Harman Rabb Jr.
Anyone know the name of the Cowan painting?
Campfire Soul
My dad has a display with a "dead" chucker, an 1850's era shotgun and a bunch of vintage shell boxes and such. I love that look.
Phantom309
AG
I think it's an old still life he painted that, if I remember correctly, I saw in the book "A Texas Treasure". There are a couple similar ones you can buy prints of, one of a greenhead and one of a pintail, called "Mallard - Still Life" and "Pintail - Still Life":

txaggie02
AG
I really like this one since it has a small shelf on the bottom that you can sit old boxes of shotgun shells or whatever on. I would prefer that it be out of some old barn wood rather than some nice shiney finished wood though.

sunchaser
AG
The name of the painting is "Wood Ducks" and was done by Cowan in 1965. It was one of 30-40 still lifes that he did around 1964-66.
I've never framed the print I have....this is a scan....doesn't do it justice.

[This message has been edited by sunchaser (edited 12/16/2009 11:09a).]
Harman Rabb Jr.
I wonder if a taxidermist would be willing to "re-create" the painting in a shadow box.
Phantom309
AG
That's the one, thanks sunchaser. That painting always amazed me.
AgLandMan
AG
man that painting does look sweet
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.