Looking for AV Cabinet

785 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by AgsWin2011
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just got a new 85" Sony tv and mounted it to the living room wall. On the other side of the wall is my closet which I have moved all of the media items to. I am looking for an AV cabinet or maybe even a large tower to clean this up. I want to store a PS5 Pro, Apple TV, two internet routers, and an Ethernet switch. I'd like to just rest it on the shelf, but it's only 11.5" deep. I don't mind mounting it to the wall, but I don't want it to stick out too far past the shelf.

Anyone have a good idea? And yes, I am going to have the plug moved to the other side. Unfortunately I had to offset the tv mount to center the tv and I raised the plug on the left side and not the right. Oh well, punch list item for now.

agdoc2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just buy a server rack
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess that's really what I am looking for. Just having a hard time finding one that isn't massive that will fit what I need.
agdoc2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got it, so with 4-5 items, you'd want a 16-20U rack. I'd do a search for 18U server rack and pick what looks best.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That would be a massive rack.
TX AG 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lathspell said:

That would be a massive rack.


That's what she said!
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do love me some massive racks, but I already have a massive rack in the bedroom.

Lol I think I may order this one on Amazon.

https://a.co/d/083UC5as
rjhtamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When we built our house, we used the AV Home automation guys to wire everything for surround sound, multiple room audio and tie it into a audio component closet we had built into our home for that purpose.

We'd never do it that way again. Way too complex and when something doesn't work right, or needs to be upgraded, or gets shot from lightning it's a pain to go through all of that and find/repair/replace.

Next house, we're going simple again.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agdoc2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lathspell said:

That would be a massive rack.

I mean, the one in my media closet is a 42U, so 16 would look adorable via comparison
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JTA1029
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I cleaned up my closet recently with this little TecMojo rack from Amazon. Needed something small to fit up on my shelf. Worked out fine.
Caesar4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd just do a wire rack. The kind you can get at Costco, etc

I used to have a tall network rack. Was glad when I finally got rid of that thing. It was way overkill.
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ended up going with a 12U cabinet. Only thing left to do is cord management.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.