using google chrome for search engine

560 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Gigemchicken90
Gigemchicken90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My computer randomly changed its search engine to Yahoo. I can not change it back to Google. Google doesn't show as an option, and I don't have the option to add it. Does anyone have a suggestion? I've searched for hours and tried a ton of different suggestions, but maybe all I need is an Aggie to tell me how to fix it.
'90
boy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The easiest thing to try: Settings > Reset Settings > Restore settings to their original defaults
Gigemchicken90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you! That worked.
'90
amg405
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gigemchicken90 said:

My computer randomly changed its search engine to Yahoo. I can not change it back to Google. Google doesn't show as an option, and I don't have the option to add it. Does anyone have a suggestion? I've searched for hours and tried a ton of different suggestions, but maybe all I need is an Aggie to tell me how to fix it.


I like Chrome since we use the Google suite a lot for work but this drives me nuts. Every single time they put out a Chrome update it changes the search engine to Yahoo and I have to go in and switch it back. Kinda odd that they move you off of Google Chrome and onto Yahoo. It's happened to me 7-8 times.
boy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It sounds like you've got a rogue extension installed or something that is switching it back to Yahoo.
Gigemchicken90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, because it does it every few weeks. I wish I could figure it out. My startup pages also change sometimes.
'90
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.