Switching Cell Phone Providers (Mint Mobile to ??)

1,498 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 40 min ago by ausag
AGSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the DFW area… Last summer I switched to Mint Mobile on a 1 year, 15GB per month plan for $240/yr + taxes. Recently, I've had to work off my hotspot more, so I'm exhausting my monthly data early. I'm thinking of moving to Visible+ next month when my current plan expires because it is unlimited data, unlimited hot spot for $30-35/month.

Does anyone have any experience with them or any of the other non-major carriers? Anyone have any referral codes to share?

Edit to add: I've looked into U.S. Mobile Unlimited Premium as well, and I want a month to month plan so I can jump on the Black Friday specials (if offered again this year)
ausag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
US Mobile subscriber here!

I was also with Mint before switching. Can't see myself switching again. Great prices and customer service! They have different networks too. So, any phone will work whether you need T-Mobile or Verizon towers.

Here's a referral link if you decide to switch! We both get $30!

https://www.usmobile.com/referrals?referrer=FF4EA8FA&name=Michael&utm_page_url=referrals_2026
Quailmeezy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I switched to the basic Visible plan about 6 months ago and have been very happy with the service. It has a great price and runs on the Verizon network. I have never had any issues with coverage (I live in the DFW area)

Referral code where we both get $20 off if you decide to switch!

https://www.visible.com/get/?68TVJ2F

Or friend code: 68TVJ2F
AGSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks yall. I'll be making my decision and move later this month.
OasisMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
another US mobile user, happy w/ it and have moved my kids, brother, his wife, my sister, etc on to it
AGSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Made the jump to Visible today. $225 for 1 year of their Visible+ Pro plan was too good to pass up. I will keep US Mobile in mind for this time next year.
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have both our lines on US mobile as well. Hers is on Verizon for companion smartwatch as well while mines on ATT.
CascadiaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I switched from Mint (9 years; zero complaints) to Xfinity, since they offered it to me for free for 1 year.

Same T-mobile network so all good.

1 month so far. No problems.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We switched from TMobile to US Mobile a month ago on the recommendation of ChatGPT. Getting the phones switched over was a bit of a hassle. But overall, so far so good. Should be saving around $1000 a year.
jaypunkrawk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not happy with Pure Talk at all. They have good pricing for unlimited data and supposedly use AT&T, but the coverage is just terrible. There's no way AT&T customers get this kind of coverage. T-Mobile was much better, coverage-wise, but my company stopped paying for mine, so I had to look elsewhere. US Mobile seems to be the one to try?
ausag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been with them for almost 4years now and don't plan changing anytime soon!

https://www.usmobile.com/referrals?referrer=FF4EA8FA&name=Michael&utm_page_url=referrals_2026
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.