GPU Repair

656 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BlackGold
BlackGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My GPU died the other night and after running quite a few tests, feel certain it's the GPU. The GPU is a NVIDIA 3090 FE and it is over a year out of warranty.

Are there any people in the Houston/Austin area that can actually fix GPUs? Most computer shops don't offer these types of services. If anyone knows of someone or a shop with the skills and or ability to fix a GPU, please let me know.

Would also be open to shipping it elsewhere to be fixed.
agdoc2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://northwestrepair.com/request/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OneMoonGoon92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had some weird stuff going on with my machine which I was certain was the gpu. I was going thru my tools and found a power supply tester that I had stored which got me to thinking that I should test the psu. Whadya know...had a rail on there that was on the fritz so I swapped the psu with another one I had laying around and life has been fine since. Before going down that route I would rule out the psu or a power problem.
BlackGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OneMoonGoon92 said:

I had some weird stuff going on with my machine which I was certain was the gpu. I was going thru my tools and found a power supply tester that I had stored which got me to thinking that I should test the psu. Whadya know...had a rail on there that was on the fritz so I swapped the psu with another one I had laying around and life has been fine since. Before going down that route I would rule out the psu or a power problem.


I originally thought it was the psu too so I bought a new 1000w, up from 850w and still have the issue. Other gpus work fine, but the 3090 doesn't. Thought it might be the cables and specialty splitter for the 3090, tested those too and they worked on my other PC. Also tested cpu and MB and they're working as they should.

Feel like the only culprit is the GPU.
BlackGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agdoc2001 said:

https://northwestrepair.com/request/


Saw these guys and:

https://danielsspot.com/

Will probably have to go this route since there doesn't appear to be anything local.
AgDev01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
might try removing and replacing the CMOS battery. it will clear your BIOS settings but i've had a bad battery cause all sorts of crazy stuff.
BlackGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgDev01 said:

might try removing and replacing the CMOS battery. it will clear your BIOS settings but i've had a bad battery cause all sorts of crazy stuff.


Did that too. Really tried everything I could besides opening the GPU up and checking it out.

My other GPUs work fine in the PC so it has to be my 3090. I was reading the memory chips go bad in the 3090s so I'm leaning towards this being the issue.

I'm going to send it in to NW Repair this weekend. Looking at $325 to fix, no including shipping. I think that's a fair deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.