32" Monitor

1,411 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Bonfire97
Bonfire97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a regular 1080P FHD 32" monitor? I saw another Texags thread that said you need to have 4K. I have been looking at these 2. Are non-4K monitors really that bad?

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Computer-32UP83A-W-Compatibility-FreeSync/dp/B07PDHSVSW/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1XXKBQ9R21G1W&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Q94TMDHgUc4w0CTNRXBabtWYrESqIjIsjv1X98ZX-MpjjugdeG4njKujU7TX4tTsa-MdIEHRLglK-p04I8XaGLp5aieD2je3EtZ4NM74ZM4XYyfpL1Oa4g9tt80Gp0RJVe3H2G60r0o2ev3P4dJeS3tDC4FashYa5VSmQ6mQX0j3o4EzhAWZo6jKVeSncNAarhvxn-mHNssovG5d-Wq87Qaqb8TSQsOxBvOSRxgMb_rb-OmaS2BysA3qeLpS0ZYoyMINTpAg6SVPXOfhWVlpHhIeX1djkJ83vzXskaS8ZgA.nenM8icDJerhWwrvWiLo0oVe1CdsjD7Kg8Da8TtRtPA&dib_tag=se&keywords=32+monitor&qid=1722003105&rnid=17751799011&s=electronics&sprefix=32+monito%2Caps%2C122&sr=1-4

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-31-5-va-led-fhd-100hz-monitor-hdmi-vga-silver-black/6573721.p?skuId=6573721&extStoreId=213&utm_source=feed&ref=212&loc=18416691019&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgZKzs-7EhwMVpDetBh14mRSnEAQYASABEgJy4vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
UmustBKidding
Yes fhd is insufficient on 32 or even 27" monitors in my opinion. I have a 27 qhd and its ok, and 4k 32" and an older 32" that is in-between qhd and uhd. The qhd probably would be ok on 32" but since i dont have to have high refresh rate i can often buy uhd for similar price as qhd.
My favorite cheap 32" is dell s3221qs that goes on sale fairly often for less than $300
Bonfire97
AG
Thanks! Yes, just to clarify, this is not going to be used for gaming or anything like that. My wife had a stroke and has sight issues and this is just for work (viewing spreadsheets, emails, etc).
boy09
AG
I have a 32" 2k monitor (2560x1440), it's a good compromise between the two.
UmustBKidding
Things get chunky on big monitors with low resolution. The characters are not as sharp which to me causes more eye strain than higher resolutions and also negates some of the advantage of having a large monitor like having more than one document open horizontally. To me I would think having sharp characters, and being able to have more than one application open with sufficient character size minimizing having to go to the mouse to do things like viewing IM/email would be helpful with mobility impairment. Also think knowing keyboard shortcuts would be helpful also.
A trip to microcenter or maybe even best buy to compare might be useful but I think shoot for at least qhd.
Bonfire97
AG
All, I really appreciate the replies. My issue is her work is trying to help her and buy a couple of upgraded monitors. Her manager asked her for a recommendation. So, I have been looking around for something that would be good, but not ridiculously expensive (since we are not paying for them).

I will keep looking around for something QHD or better.
AgDev01
AG
i agree with this.

The sharpness or lack there of will be very pronounced, and cause a ton of eye strain on a 1080p monitor at that size, especially if she has to further scale things up given the impairment to her sight.

At 32" a 4k monitor scaled to 300% will look a ton better than 1080p at native scaling. it will only get worse if she has to go up higher.

Edit - I respect and appreciate the sentiment of trying to save the company money, but given the circumstance this is an accommodation not an indulgence. I think spending some extra money, that in the long run will increase her productivity, is a good cause.
Bonfire97
AG
Does anyone have any thoughts on brands? I see some familiar names on Amazon - like Samsung, Viewsonic, Acer, etc. Are there any of these that I should be staying away from? Thanks in advance.
AgDev01
AG
It is really more the type panel and who makes it versus the brand. All of those brands make fine products.

in my experience Samsung seems to have more issues than others but it is a small sample size. The good thing about monitors is that they are well reviewed. just find one that meets the specs you are looking for and see what the professional reviews state.
UmustBKidding
I have dell and lg stuff currently, only one i have had issues i could not resolve was a disposable insignia from best buy. Lots of unmarked ic's qnd no service documentation to be found. Also probably should try flat vs curved to see which is most comfortable. I have 32 curved in middle with 32 flats on both sides.
Not sure how current your pc is, some monitors will require hdmi2 or display port, even some qhd. Unfortunately vga and dvi are gone. And confirm resolutions supported if you are using integrated display adapter
Bonfire97
AG
Does anyone have any thoughts on this one? Seems like a good balance between functionality and not looking bad by recommending an expensive option. I would think the 75Hz refresh rate would be fine for office work. Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-UltraWide-Computer-34WK650-W-Compatibility/dp/B088YN9LBK/ref=sr_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.p5OcYIFsm8m2tFQ5ZtQ8UyCNnNRNy50R-J3xov2xes4mwI1N3jsnHkwUqaD1vr5JKwCGKg1v0toQDmhJq_Y6VBlJ5iQUKj8zSqCWG5f4cBG3WSmraVKRbzHQSwIj-uxQit9K0zPflwxoPrzXOemIF3zN7BlntuBbkmywVm58KSYVsedLY66iv10SUgvDYwwVKiX83B7RP7ug2D9ERdkZ6LUC3qI07P-CeuAIzWPyfV-MeZ55PvqzMFv5IhjhPzQciHpreWZpZLa8LFgYhnp1m9-bEfunTZ01Rurc_6NYvpk.mhRoMSehBPzkV2LGO0U2rOnTEn6xOLEQIW4miC8E1oI&dib_tag=se&keywords=lg+32+inch+monitor&qid=1722012393&refinements=p_n_feature_fifteen_browse-bin%3A17751804011%7C17751808011%2Cp_123%3A46658&rnid=85457740011&s=electronics&sr=1-1
UmustBKidding
I think its fine, I have the UHD version of it at the inlaws https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088G1PKKN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and its nice, was on sale for 270 when I bought it in november.

Bonfire97
AG
All, I just want to thank everyone for the replies. We went to College Station today and looked at various sizes/resolutions at Best Buy. The 32" 4K was the definite winner. I am going to go ahead and go with Kidding's recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088G1PKKN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.