Starling for the tailgate?

787 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Pinochet
Helms96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a tailgate that runs 3-5 TVs we have an old cumbersome dish that has to be targeted each time.

What would you guys recommend for Starlink or something else? I have Starlink at home so I already have an account.

Will the Roam one have enough juice on game days to stream that many tvs?
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Boozer92
AG
Read the disclaimer on switching to the roaming package. You may not be able to switch back to the standard plan at home. The mobile plan only offers best effort service.

I know a few people who just bring their home setup and use it at the tailgate. I am unclear now that they offer a mobile if that will still work. Those that do just take down the dish and bring the router and purchase an extra cable and maybe a mount.

Since the roaming plan is new maybe experimenting with taking your home setup to a a different area and test before jumping in.

To answer your original question. Since you already have a home account if you switch to the roaming for the extra $30/month I wouldn't see a problem streaming that many tvs. When all my kids are home we will have that many running at home and it works fine. If you decide to use the starlink mini it will be limited to 100 mbps but 5 streams will still work on that if you can get the max.
kyledr04
AG
Seems like the perfect use for a mini with the right plan. I'm thinking about getting one for backup and travel.
Pinochet
I went to a game last year in South Bend and watched a single starlink dish feed all the TVs at the rented tailgating tents. There must have been 8 or 10 at least. The only problem was the people who kept kicking the dish over or literally hovering over it. You should be fine I would think with your TVs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.